Access MS Access Update Query Issue

Reaction score
I have created a query using MS Access to update some fields that have been left blank.

The query runs on my computer but an exact replica on another computer is not working and I cannot figure out why.

The message that I'm getting is a prompt asking me to enter a value for a field, as if the field doesn't exist. However the field does exist.

The only difference between the two computers involved is that mine uses Access 2000 and my colleague's uses Access 2003.

Can anyone tell me why this might be?

The SQL view for the query show's this:

UPDATE [Person Table] SET [Person Table].[Child?] = IIf([age] Is Null,Yes,IIf([date of Birth] Is Null And [age]<20,Yes,No)), [Person Table].[Ethnicity Standardised] = IIf([Ethnicity Standardised] Is Null,"NOT",[Ethnicity Standardised]), [Person Table].Disability = IIf([Disability] Is Null Or [Disability]=0,1,[Disability]), [Person Table].[Special Educational Needs] = IIf([Special Educational Needs] Is Null Or [Special Educational Needs]=0,1,[Special Educational Needs]), [Person Table].[If Child, Disability Status of Parent] = IIf([If Child, Disability Status of Parent] Is Null Or [If Child, Disability Status of Parent]=0,1,[If Child, Disability Status of Parent]), [Person Table].[Free School Meal Entitlement] = IIf([Free School Meal Entitlement] Is Null Or [Free School Meal Entitlement]=0,1,[Free School Meal Entitlement]), [Person Table].[Asylum Status] = IIf([Asylum Status] Is Null Or [Asylum Status]=0,1,[Asylum Status]), [Person Table].[Income Source] = IIf([Income Source] Is Null Or [Income Source]=0,1,[Income Source]);

Any help you have would be really appreciated.

Ask a Question