Access MS Access - Troubleshooting FindRecord Method

Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to find a record in a form with using a textbox to enter the specific data to look for and a commandbutton to start searching. In the macro of the command button I choosed the action Findrecord. As 'Find what', I declared '=[text61].[text]'. That is an unbound textbox in my form. But it does not work. Please help.
Thank you.

Reaction score
daniel_in_korea said:
Hello,
I would like to find a record in a form with using a textbox to enter the specific data to look for and a commandbutton to start searching. In the macro of the command button I choosed the action Findrecord. As 'Find what', I declared '=[text61].[text]'. That is an unbound textbox in my form. But it does not work. Please help.
Thank you.

Why don't you use a parameterquery?

Bind the parameter to the control on the form and let the macro perform a requery of the parameter query.

Reaction score
Thanks, but I would like to use the findrecord action. With the parameter query, the list will be reduced to the found record.

PS: If you want, you can answer in German as well.

Reaction score
daniel_in_korea said:
Thanks, but I would like to use the findrecord action. With the parameter query, the list will be reduced to the found record.

PS: If you want, you can answer in German as well.

I will look at the Findrecord action.

But Dutch speaking is different from German (Germany). I' m from Flanders (Belgium)

Ask a Question