Access MS Access: Clustered & Stacked Column in One

Reaction score
I have looked for a solution to this problem on several other forums, but have yet to find a solution to my problem. I hope what I am trying to accomplish is in fact doable:

I want to create a graph which compares four values:

1. The current month's trailing expenses

2. The Estimated Additional Expenses for the remainder of the month

3. Last Months Total Expenses

4. The Monthly expense average

What I am Trying to do::

1 & 2 should be shown as a stacked column, next to the remaining items (which should all be shown as columns

Each of the values above, exist for a multitute of expense categories (i.e. Labor, Parts, Utilities), which need to appear on the x Axis of my chart.

This can be accomplished in Exel by pastingtwo charts into one and fidelling with the primary and secondary axis settings as shown here: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html

I am unable to replicate ehe same method in Access.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
Flo79 said:
I have looked for a solution to this problem on several other forums, but have yet to find a solution to my problem. I hope what I am trying to accomplish is in fact doable:

I want to create a graph which compares four values:

1. The current month's trailing expenses

2. The Estimated Additional Expenses for the remainder of the month

3. Last Months Total Expenses

4. The Monthly expense average

What I am Trying to do::

1 & 2 should be shown as a stacked column, next to the remaining items (which should all be shown as columns

Each of the values above, exist for a multitute of expense categories (i.e. Labor, Parts, Utilities), which need to appear on the x Axis of my chart.

This can be accomplished in Exel by pastingtwo charts into one and fidelling with the primary and secondary axis settings as shown here: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html

I am unable to replicate ehe same method in Access.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

Have you some program experience in VBA?
The best way to solve this problem is to use VBA and OLE to let Excel to draw the charts.
When you post here a example of your database an the cart you want, I will make a example for you

Reaction score
MSG Danny,

Thank you for the Reply.

I am not sure weather you understood that I need the chart to be generated in Microsoft Access, not Excel.

I could send you the table generated by the query used to populate my chart Would that help?

Regards,

Flo 79

Reaction score
Dear Flo79,

The chart is drawn by Excel, but is displayed in a Access form.

You may send me the table and I have a look to it

Ask a Question