mp3 to CDA converter

KiwiBrian

I wish to record several mp3s to a CD so that I can play them on my bedside
CD player.
I am wanting recommendations for free (..... or shareware.....) applications
for this purpose.
TIA
Brian Tozer

Craig

KiwiBrian said:
I wish to record several mp3s to a CD so that I can play them on my
bedside CD player. I am wanting recommendations for free (..... or
shareware.....) applications for this purpose. TIA Brian Tozer

Brian;

A good place to start is our group's home page (pricelessware.org). For
burners, go to: pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_SYSTEMUTILITIES.php and
scroll down to section 5.20...there are a lot.

I use cdburnerxp pro and get good results. Others often recommend
burnatonce.

hth,
-Craig

Thorsten Duhn

Hello,
I wish to record several mp3s to a CD so that I can play them
on my bedside CD player.
I am wanting recommendations for free (..... or shareware.....)
applications for this purpose.

I hope you mean CDA for audio CD and not what Windows users know
from their explorer as .cda files, because this files are nothing
but a reference to a audio track on such an audio CD, and a .cda
file does not contain any music itself. You need something that
can burn into audio cd format. As you should own a cd burner,
you may already have some burning software installed. And most of
these programs support choosing audio CD format, so maybe you
don't need to download anything. Instead you may try this:

Burrrn
http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=4

CDBurnerXP Pro
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Regards,
Thorsten

John Jay Smith

Newsgroups are open and not should be attached to some particular web site.
I dont aggree with that... and for me this does not apply.

Kurt

Newsgroups are open and not should be attached to some particular
web site. I dont aggree with that... and for me this does not
apply.

Not even a site that the group uses/sponsors as an annual collection of
the best freeware avaialble?

Your comment is rather cryptic especially the final sentence. What is
it that you don't agree with and if you don't agree with it, why
doesn't it apply to you?

[...]

Susan Bugher

John said:
Newsgroups are open and not should be attached to some particular web
site.

erm. . . you seem to be laboring under a misapprehension: assuming the
tail wags the dog. . .

The PWH web site mentioned by Craig belongs to the alt.comp.freeware
newsgroup => it's created by, funded by, under the direction of etc.
etc. etc. ACF newsgroup participants.

"some particular web site" is also wrong. . . There are *several*
sites/ web pages with ACF info. See the related sites links on the PWH
home page for the current list:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

John Jay Smith

the participants can make as many sites as they want.

There is no official site for alt.com.freeware.

Thorsten Duhn

Hello,
Newsgroups are open and not should be attached to some
particular web site. I dont aggree with that... and for me
this does not apply.

I cannot see your problem. So many posts here direct to Google,
or include links that do not lead to the needed information
the evident way.

Craig posted totally on topic with a deep link to the needed
stuff, ACF site or not, just a helpful post.

Is yours helpful too (this time)? Most of your posts are pretty
well, but I cannot see your point this time. Help me out.

Regards,
Thorsten