Mozilla Bookmarks Gone!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I was very surprised to find out a couple of days back that the bookmarks in Mozilla suddenly disappeared, I have been trying to restore it through XMarks but not successful so far, keeps giving me an error saying something like Mozilla may have a bug which is preventing it from displaying the bookmarks.

Here is a screen shot. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 348

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Did a quick search and found this.Might be useful.
user.gif

I use this on multiple PCs...at home, and at work...
...but I almost gave it up.
I was experiencing slow startups....not right away, but 20-30 seconds after starting, firefox would bog down so sloow that I'd get the "not responding" status.
I thought it was XMARKS, which it may have been partially, but then I read other posts (including those from XMARKS developers) about how ALL features could be optionally turned off. So I turned off logging, and all of the "rating" features and that immediately fixed the problem....
...except on one machine, but then that turned out to be the Java plugin on that PC. It was out-of-date so I updated that and my startups are back to an acceptable speed and I no longer get "not responding" messages.
So, don't give up on XMARKS yet--(I almost did!)
It's a fantastic product.
If you're anything like me, I've got dozens of add-ins and plugins in firefox so don't automatically assume any specific one(s) are at fault.
Likewise, always check for "optional" features.
Like the developers said, if you don't want those features, just turn them off. Maybe(?) someday you might change your mind.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Thanks Abarbarian, I will see what is ailing the Firefox :)

Ask a Question