Move-Disregard

I found where they put the move option. All is well in Vista Land.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/co...894&dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Jeff Gaines

View>Copy to or Move

In Vista or XP, you can add those to the right click context menu. You
can actually add most anything to the RCCM, but it can get awfully long.

http://tim.oreilly.com/pub/a/network/excerpt/winxphacks_chap1/index1.html

CH

OK, I've always used the Copy To/Move To registry hack, I've found 'Copy
To Folder' and 'Move To Folder' on the Edit menu - I don't know if that's
standard or a result of the hack?

I have an odd one on the View Menu - Explorer Bar -> Discuss, that brings
up an ActiveX warning, if I keep saying OK it eventually brings up an
extra bar at the bottom. What exciting things can that do?

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Hi Jeff,

Adding the "Copy To"/"Move To" options to the context menu caused weird problems in XP. Don't know if that's the case in Vista also. Check Raymond Chen's blog:

What goes wrong when you add "Copy To" to the context menu:
http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/02/02/66160.aspx

IIRC, "Discuss" extension is added by Microsoft Office.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

[...]

That is interesting, I have never had issues but will keep an eye out :)

IIRC, "Discuss" extension is added by Microsoft Office.

Ah, thanks, I have Office 97 and FrontPage from Office XP on here, but no
one to discuss anything with!

Synapse Syndrome

Jeff Gaines said:
Ah, thanks, I have Office 97 and FrontPage from Office XP on here, but no
one to discuss anything with!

That intranet Discuss feature must have been one of those things that only
Microsoft's own employees ever used.

ss

Chad Harris

Ramesh--

I know a lot of people who didn't have problems with it. Also this seems to
work:

http://www.contextmagic.com/menu-extension/

Thanks for your excellent outstanding site and help on the XP groups over
the years. I hope you will have time to get one up for Vista.

Best,

CH

[...]

Jeff,

The problem usually occurs when a context menu action is carried out on multiple files at once. This can be easily reproduced.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

Hi Jeff,

Adding the "Copy To"/"Move To" options to the context menu caused weird
problems in XP. Don't know if that's the case in Vista also. Check Raymond
Chen's blog:

What goes wrong when you add "Copy To" to the context menu:
http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/02/02/66160.aspx

That is interesting, I have never had issues but will keep an eye out :)

IIRC, "Discuss" extension is added by Microsoft Office.

Ah, thanks, I have Office 97 and FrontPage from Office XP on here, but no
one to discuss anything with!

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Thanks Chad :)