mouse pointer floats all over the screen

G

whenever i right click my mouse button in either my computer or certain programs the mouse pointer floats all over the screen. i have a wireless optical explorer mouse. Can anyone tell me what is causing this?

G

Are you using a mouse pad? Is the desk your using shiney? If it i too reflective, the infared beam may not bounce back correctly. If it only happens when you click on particular areas you may just have a bad mouse or perhaps you should reinstall your mouse drivers (if you used any to begin with) most mice will be picked up by windows by defalt, using windows optical mouse drivers

JT

G

Just a guess but have you tried turning off "smart move" in your mouse configurations. {:~)

C

Chuck

whenever i right click my mouse button in either my computer or certain programs the mouse pointer floats all over the screen. i have a wireless optical explorer mouse. Can anyone tell me what is causing this?

Check the batteries in the mouse, or recharge it.

Cheers,
Chuck
Paranoia comes from experience - and is not necessarily a bad thing.

Ask a Question