Mouse clicks don't always fire button event?

A

Alec MacLean

Hi,

I have a number of VB.NET apps, where sometimes the mouse click doesn't fire a button's event handler. These were written in various Visual Studio IDE's; 2003, 2005 and 2008 (that is, it doesn't seem to be a Studio-specific issue, or framework-specific issue). It also doesn't seem to be consist - sometimes the same button will operate perfectly in response to the mouse where before it failed.

The buttons always work in response to the keyboard (enter) when they have focus. The mouse click will give the button focus, and the button animation occurs, but the event doesn't fire.

This occurs both in debug mode and released/installed apps.

I would add that I only see this on my Dev PC, so wonder if there is a local software issue that interrupts the mouse - I have usually found that closing the app and rel-loading resolves this, but it isn't a guaranteed solution.

If it is only me (I have no users complaining about it, but that doesn't mean it ain't happenin') then I can live with it, but would like to know if anyone has come across this behaviour before and possibly had a proper resolution.

Thanks.

Al

J

John

Have you tried replacing your mouse, maybe there is an intermittent hardware failure
Hi,

I have a number of VB.NET apps, where sometimes the mouse click doesn't fire a button's event handler. These were written in various Visual Studio IDE's; 2003, 2005 and 2008 (that is, it doesn't seem to be a Studio-specific issue, or framework-specific issue). It also doesn't seem to be consist - sometimes the same button will operate perfectly in response to the mouse where before it failed.

The buttons always work in response to the keyboard (enter) when they have focus. The mouse click will give the button focus, and the button animation occurs, but the event doesn't fire.

I would add that I only see this on my Dev PC, so wonder if there is a local software issue that interrupts the mouse - I have usually found that closing the app and rel-loading resolves this, but it isn't a guaranteed solution.

If it is only me (I have no users complaining about it, but that doesn't mean it ain't happenin') then I can live with it, but would like to know if anyone has come across this behaviour before and possibly had a proper resolution.

Thanks.

Al

K

kimiraikkonen

Hi,

I have a number of VB.NET apps, where sometimes the mouse click doesn't fire a button's event handler. These were written in various Visual Studio IDE's; 2003, 2005 and 2008 (that is, it doesn't seem to be a Studio-specific issue, or framework-specific issue). It also doesn't seem to be consist - sometimes the same button will operate perfectly in response to the mousewhere before it failed.

If it is only me (I have no users complaining about it, but that doesn't mean it ain't happenin') then I can live with it, but would like to know ifanyone has come across this behaviour before and possibly had a proper resolution.

Thanks.

Al

Hi,
Maybe posting a specific piece of code would be useful in order to
diagnose the problem of click event.

Thanks,

Onur Güzel

Ask a Question