More Secure Internet? I'm not sure but that's what these people claim.

Reaction score
I had a quick read through it. I'm not 100% sure what they are trying to achieve.

Anyone care to explain. Lots of terminology in that lot I have never heard of

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Anyone care to explain.

Well right now the internet relies on data center operated by large corporations. So this block-chain internet would be distributed across the country or world by using the idle time on the users devices like computers or game consoles. Having the internet content hosted on more than one computer would speed up content delivery.

I like the idea of a distributed internet because then you wouldn't have to validate against your ISP to access it. You would just authenticate with your nearest peer and then start relaying data.

The only problem with this distributed, block-chain internet is that the data would live on many different computers across the network and keeping all those copies up-to-date would be cumbersome.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
"DADI founder and CEO Joseph Denne said: “A vast amount of computational power currently goes unused in homes and businesses, around the world. Expensive computers, games consoles, set-top boxes, smart televisions and other devices spend large amounts of their life unused or in standby mode."

Same idea that World Community Grid has - using PCs around the world that would otherwise be idle. Except, of course, that they are provided for free and help medical research.

Ask a Question