More combobox questions

lc

Hi,

I am trying to create a combo box such that when I select a value from
the combo box, it will link me to a cell I had specified.

I am also trying to create another combo box such that when I select a
value from the combo box, it will link me to another worksheet of the
same workbook.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

lc

Tom Ogilvy Sep 1, 1:27 pm show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming
From: "Tom Ogilvy" <[email protected]> - Find messages by this author
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 14:27:06 -0400
Subject: Re: Combobox question
original | Report Abuse

In the linkedcell property

Sheet1!A1

would like the combobox to cell A1 on Sheet1.

Tom Ogilvy

I am trying to create a combo box such that when I select a value from
the combo box, it will link me to a cell I had specified.

I am also trying to create another combo box such that when I select a
value from the combo box, it will link me to another worksheet of the
same workbook.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

lc

lc Sep 1, 1:51 pm show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming
From: "lc" <[email protected]> - Find messages by this author
Date: 1 Sep 2005 11:51:14 -0700
original | Remove | Report Abuse

What I really want to do is to link each selection with a differenct
cell. For example, if my input range consists of the following
information:

1. a
2. b
3. c
4. d

The cells I want my selection to link to is:

1. C100
2. A20
3. D40
4. F50

When I select "a" from the combo box, it will go to the cell C100.
When I select "b" from the combo box, it will go to cell A20.
etc.

I hope this clarifies my question

Thanks.

Tom Ogilvy Sep 1, 2:38 pm show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming
From: "Tom Ogilvy" <[email protected]> - Find messages by this author
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 15:38:50 -0400
original | Report Abuse

Private Sub Combobox1_Click()
Dim v as Variant
v = Array("C100","A20","D40","F50"­)
if combobox1.listindex <> -1 then
Range(v(combobox.ListIndex + 1)).Select
end if
End Sub

Tom Ogilvy

What I really want to do is to link each selection with a differenct
cell. For example, if my input range consists of the following
information:
1. a
2. b
3. c
4. d

The cells I want my selection to link to is:

1. C100
2. A20
3. D40
4. F50

When I select "a" from the combo box, it will go to the cell C100.
When I select "b" from the combo box, it will go to cell A20.
etc.

I hope this clarifies my question

Thanks.

lc Sep 6, 9:40 am show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming
From: "lc" <[email protected]> - Find messages by this author
Date: 6 Sep 2005 07:40:51 -0700
original | Remove | Report Abuse

Hi,

I was wondering what the code would be if I want it to select sheets
instead of cells. I have tried changing "C100, A20, D40, F50" to the
sheet names but it did not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

lc

Tom Ogilvy

Option Base 1

Private Sub Combobox1_Click()
Dim v as Variant
v = Array("C100","A20","D40","F50")
if combobox1.listindex <> -1 then
Range(v(combobox.ListIndex + 1)).Select
end if
End Sub

Private Sub Combobox2_Click()
Dim v as Variant
v = Array("Sheet3","Sheet4","Sheet5","Sheet10")
if combobox1.listindex <> -1 then
Worksheets(v(combobox.ListIndex + 1)).Activate
end if
End Sub

Tom Ogilvy

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming