MonthCalendar

I am attempting to use the Monthcalendar and have hit a snag. I am not a VB
coder but thought I could handle this since the instructions are so good.

This is the message I received after following the instructions and
attempting to view the month calendar by double clicking in the text box.
I renamed my control "txtselectdate" to fit Jeff Conrad's as I thought it
would be easier.

"microsoft Access can't find macro 'Private Sub txtselectdate_dblclick
(cancel as Integer)
Dim blRet As Boolean
Dim dtStart As Date dtEnd As date
dtStart = Nz(me'

any help would be greatly appreciated

Wayne Morgan

I'm guessing that you wrote the code before you renamed the control. Open
the code for the form and look for the sub that uses the old name for the
control:

Private Sub OldControlName_DblClick

and change OldControlName to txtSelectDate. Next, make sure that on the
Properties sheet, Event tab for the control, that the box next to Double
Click says [Event Procedure].

Thanks for your help - although I was able to get rid of the issues below, it
still
does nothing when I double click on my control box. No Monthcalendar pops up.
I have an "event procedure" on "dbl click" I have an "event procedure" on
"before update" both events lead to code I copied and pasted from the Lebans
site.
I am sorry that I just might be biting off more than I can chew but I wanted
to give it a whirl and see if I could be a hero! Any suggestions on where to
check would be
appreciated!

--
Wayne Morgan
MS Access MVP

Jane said:
I am attempting to use the Monthcalendar and have hit a snag. I am not a
VB
coder but thought I could handle this since the instructions are so good.

This is the message I received after following the instructions and
attempting to view the month calendar by double clicking in the text box.
I renamed my control "txtselectdate" to fit Jeff Conrad's as I thought it
would be easier.

"microsoft Access can't find macro 'Private Sub txtselectdate_dblclick
(cancel as Integer)
Dim blRet As Boolean
Dim dtStart As Date dtEnd As date
dtStart = Nz(me'

any help would be greatly appreciated

Wayne Morgan

Did you follow the "Step by step installation instructions" at this link?

http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar...se the MonthCalendar in your own applications.

--
Wayne Morgan
MS Access MVP

Jane said:
I am attempting to use the Monthcalendar and have hit a snag. I am not
VB
coder but thought I could handle this since the instructions are so
good.

This is the message I received after following the instructions and
attempting to view the month calendar by double clicking in the text
box.
I renamed my control "txtselectdate" to fit Jeff Conrad's as I thought
it
would be easier.

"microsoft Access can't find macro 'Private Sub txtselectdate_dblclick
(cancel as Integer)
Dim blRet As Boolean
Dim dtStart As Date dtEnd As date
dtStart = Nz(me'

any help would be greatly appreciated

Jeff Conrad

Hi Jane,

Comments below....
I am attempting to use the Monthcalendar and have hit a snag. I am not a VB
coder but thought I could handle this since the instructions are so good.

Well thank you very much for the kind words!
This is the message I received after following the instructions and
attempting to view the month calendar by double clicking in the text box.
I renamed my control "txtselectdate" to fit Jeff Conrad's as I thought it
would be easier.
Ok.

"microsoft Access can't find macro 'Private Sub txtselectdate_dblclick
(cancel as Integer)
Dim blRet As Boolean
Dim dtStart As Date dtEnd As date
dtStart = Nz(me'

any help would be greatly appreciated

Humm, sounds like you probably have some orphan code as Wayne
mentioned as well as possibly some Property sheet lines that do
not have [Event Procedure] listed.

May I suggest starting with a brand new form just for testing?
Follow the instructions I wrote and see if you can get it working
on this new test form first. Then let us know.

stephm

Jeff,
Where can I see your good Monthcalendar instructions?!
Sorry- search doesn't seem to work.

Thanks!
[...]

Access Junkie
Bend, Oregon

.

stephm

Got it from the other replies. Thanks.
Where can I see your good Monthcalendar instructions?!
Sorry- search doesn't seem to work.

Thanks!
news:20CB6B0E-0249-492F-A3CF- (e-mail address removed)...

Hi Jane,

Comments below....
[...]

If you have problems setting it up in your database Stephanie, post back.

--
Jeff Conrad
Access Junkie

Got it from the other replies. Thanks.
Where can I see your good Monthcalendar instructions?!
Sorry- search doesn't seem to work.

Thanks!
news:20CB6B0E-0249-492F-A3CF- (e-mail address removed)...

Hi Jane,

Comments below....

I am attempting to use the Monthcalendar and have hit
snag. I am not a VB
coder but thought I could handle this since the instructions are so good.

Well thank you very much for the kind words!
<blush>
:)

[...]

Jon A

I don't know if this is a typo in the news message or not --
but if this line is in your code, then that won't work. It
looks to me like you might have an apostrophe instead of an
exclamation point.

Instead of
Nz(me'

It should be