Monitor turns off computer running?


G

Guest

I have Beta 2 installed and after about 4 min. the monitor turns off but it
looks like the computer is still on. I checked all power settings and have
monitor and hard drive set to 1 hour. Hit enter or moveing the mouse does
nothing. I end up having to hit reset button and it only happens again.
 
Ad

Advertisements

Z

Zack Whittaker

Could well be a graphics card issue... are you running with the latest
drivers?

--
Zack Whittaker
» ZackNET Enterprises: www.zacknet.co.uk
» MSBlog on ResDev: www.msblog.org
» Vista Knowledge Base: www.vistabase.co.uk
» This mailing is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights. All opinions expressed are those of myself unless stated so, and not
of my employer, best friend, Ghandi, my mother or my cat. Glad we cleared
that up!

--: Original message follows :--
 
G

Guest

I have the latest ATI drivers. I have a AIW 9700. Intel 3G proc. with 2GB
mem. It has been on now for about an hour. It can raddomly turn the monitor
off when I click on something. I can't seem to turn it back on unless I push
the reset button.
 
P

Peter M

If your using a LCD panel and a DVI connection, try using the VGA cable
instead. It's known DVI and Catalyst drivers cause problems for many. Just
check out the Rage3d.com Catalyst/Radeon forums.
 
G

Guest

I'm using a BNC connector which has HD support. It is a Sony GDM-FW900, a
24" flat widescreen tube model. 7 installs later (yes, 7) I've noticed that
it gets cut off when the hard drive is trying to access something like when I
try to install software. The monitor turns off like it gets cut off but the
computer stays on. I try to turn on the monitor but no signal. Funny thing is
that it is not consistant. It did this on 5365 as well.
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

AMDX2

kcmc20 said:
I have Beta 2 installed and after about 4 min. the monitor turns off but it
looks like the computer is still on. I checked all power settings and have
monitor and hard drive set to 1 hour. Hit enter or moveing the mouse does
nothing. I end up having to hit reset button and it only happens again.


I am glad people are helping, but isn't this message more meant for another
Vista group as the title of this group is performance-maintance and doesn't
have anything to do with like other problems or other areas?
 
A

AMDX2

kcmc20 said:
I'm using a BNC connector which has HD support. It is a Sony GDM-FW900, a
24" flat widescreen tube model. 7 installs later (yes, 7) I've noticed
that
it gets cut off when the hard drive is trying to access something like
when I
try to install software. The monitor turns off like it gets cut off but
the
computer stays on. I try to turn on the monitor but no signal. Funny thing
is
that it is not consistant. It did this on 5365 as well.


Try the mon on another pc, use another video card, use another OS and let us
know.
 
G

Guest

Thanks AMDX2 for the suggestions. It works with XP Pro and 2000. What other
group should I try. I am very grateful for your suggestions.
Thanks
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

AMDX2

kcmc20 said:
Thanks AMDX2 for the suggestions. It works with XP Pro and 2000. What
other
group should I try. I am very grateful for your suggestions.
Thanks


You found a good group, I saw your post in the other vista hardware group.
I really do hope that you can get it working. I've no clue what it could be
unless I was having the same thing so I could trouble shoot myself. Then I
might figure something out.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top