Modifying resource records - no effect

D

Dmitry Korolyov

W2k Sp3, native.

When you manually modify priorities and weights of existing resource records for AD in DNS (such as _ldap, _kerberos) etc, it works. However, after some time netlogon creates new ones, with the same parameters what you wanted to get rid of by modifying existing records. So, all in vane. Is there any way to tell netlogon not to register resource records if they already exist, but with different weight/priority or to tell it register them with non-default weights/priorities?

D

Dmitry Korolyov

Well, that provides some help. At least we can tune up priorities. But weights still out of coverage. Still beter than nothing, thanks Dean.

This provides a start point (it may provide everything you need, I simply haven't read it all) -

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306602

--
Dean Wells [MVP / Windows platform]
MSEtechnology
[[ Please respond to the Newsgroup only regarding posts ]]
R e m o v e t h e m a s k t o s e n d e m a i l

W2k Sp3, native.

When you manually modify priorities and weights of existing resource records for AD in DNS (such as _ldap, _kerberos) etc, it works. However, after some time netlogon creates new ones, with the same parameters what you wanted to get rid of by modifying existing records. So, all in vane. Is there any way to tell netlogon not to register resource records if they already exist, but with different weight/priority or to tell it register them with non-default weights/priorities?

D

Dean Wells [MVP]

No, that too can be changed -

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...dows2000/maintain/opsguide/Part2/ADOGdApB.asp

--
MSEtechnology

Well, that provides some help. At least we can tune up priorities. But weights still out of coverage. Still beter than nothing, thanks Dean.

This provides a start point (it may provide everything you need, I simply haven't read it all) -

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306602

--
MSEtechnology

W2k Sp3, native.

Ask a Question