Modifying Outlook's default contact form

G

How can I add a field to the default contact form (Address Book)? I want a field for Salutation so that when I create a new contact I have all the info for doing mail merges. I can get into editing the form but although I can create a one off new blank form with this extra field, it does not apply as default and nor does it appear on all may existing Address Book forms which I would like it to do so that I can go through my contacts retrospectively to add the Salutation.

I'm using Outlook 2000

G

John,

If you create an field in an Outlook form it would also need to be associated in the field choose. Actually I would suggest creating the field in the field choose then dragging and dropping it onto the form. This of course is in design mode. Once you have the new field on the field chose and on the form you will then need to publish the form. Either to its current location (if you have the rights) or to a new location (new form). You can then make this form your default form to appear.

Hope this helps.

----- John Fleet wrote: -----

How can I add a field to the default contact form (Address Book)? I want a field for Salutation so that when I create a new contact I have all the info for doing mail merges. I can get into editing the form but although I can create a one off new blank form with this extra field, it does not apply as default and nor does it appear on all may existing Address Book forms which I would like it to do so that I can go through my contacts retrospectively to add the Salutation.

I'm using Outlook 2000

Ask a Question