Modded BIOS

Reaction score
I think this comes under this category.... Ive heard of people getting custom BIOS` from experienced programmers to get the features they want. I don`t need anything special, just the BIOS I have, but with the added options of adjusting the multiplier and locking the AGP settings. Can anyone help in any way?

Cheers, Kenny

Reaction score
Locking the AGP settings is a possibily, however if your motherboard doesn't support multiplier adjustment by default then you have no hope of adding it with programming.

To program a BIOS you'll need the source for it, an in-depth knowlegde of motherboard architechture and an in-depth knowledge of ASM programming. It's no easy task I'm sure!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I once had an Elite K7S5A motherboard, where the BIOS had no option for changing the multiplier.

From a site dedicated to this Motherboard I managed to obtain a modded BIOS that enabled multiplier adjustment. And it worked, I used it with a Duron I unlocked, as I remember.

There is a prgram, a freebie I think, named 'modbin' that allows you to program BIOS's, but you do have to know what you're doing.

And here's a guide on how to change your epa start up logo: Bios logo guide

Best thing to do to find a modded BIOS is use Google.

Reaction score
whatever u do before u mess around with your bios MAKE SURE U BACK IT UP on a floppy disk.

just incase all fails. always better to be safe rather than sorry!!!!!!!!!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Good point psd ... and as Floppy will tell you, invest in a "BIOS Saviour" it's a lovely little device, aint it Flops. :D

Reaction score
Speaking of BIOS's, if you have the option to change the multipler in BIOS for an AMD 2500 does this mean that it is unlocked?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Speaking of BIOS's, if you have the option to change the multipler in BIOS for an AMD 2500 does this mean that it is unlocked?
Not neccessarily.

Only way to find out for sure is try it.

If system won't POST afterwards, CPU is locked, you'll have to reset CMOS and reset all BIOS settings to get machine to POST.

Lots of 2500's did come unlocked though, the earlier ones.

Reaction score
it only has a cheapo 430w PSU but i suppose the board and RAM are ok - its that KV7 and Kingmax PC3500 mem.

Ask a Question