Mobile phone signals could be blocked in cars

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the day that we have fully autonomous cars, but I'm quite terrified of all of the driver assist tools that we're seeing at the moment that will just make lazy (bad) drivers :eek:. Particularly the lane guidance and automated braking combo - as I'm sure there will be plenty of people who enable it on motorways and sit back, when it's not really meant for that yet.

I had a look at the new Tesla self driving stuff after the recent video where it prevented a crash:

http://mashable.com/2016/12/27/tesla-predicts-crash-ahead-video/#kk2Z.axpQOqI

It's good that it kicked in (but the driver should have seen it coming anyway!), but ideally it'll stop stupid drivers doing what that red car in front did!

Can't wait to try one, one day!

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
... but I'm quite terrified of all of the driver assist tools that we're seeing at the moment that will just make lazy (bad) drivers :eek:. Particularly the lane guidance and automated braking combo...

Um... coming from "Winter Wonderland", I'd like to make a couple of exceptions to that rule. ABS and ESP are "blue ribbon" security assist tools... again, provided that drivers don't behave like complete idiots.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh yes, things like that are very handy! It's more the things that enable drivers to think they can ignore the road (and have a lack of situational awareness), rather than improve safety, that I'm less keen on.

Ask a Question