Missing Media Bar In IE

Dennis Diehl

I am missing the Media Bar for IE. Everything says I can
go to View and Explorebar and should see Media Bar. I
don't have it. I have already tried removing and
reisntalling Windows Media player to no avail. I am
running IE 6.00.2900 and Windows Media player 10. Any
ideas?

Ramesh [MVP]

Dennis,

Media bar is removed in XP SP2.

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

I am missing the Media Bar for IE. Everything says I can
go to View and Explorebar and should see Media Bar. I
don't have it. I have already tried removing and
reisntalling Windows Media player to no avail. I am
running IE 6.00.2900 and Windows Media player 10. Any
ideas?

Ramesh, MS-MVP

<quote>

To help improve security, Media Bar has been removed from Internet Explorer 6. For this preliminary release of SP2, however, the Group Policy settings for Media Bar have not been removed. Because Media Bar is no longer available, these settings will not function.

Although you can no longer use Media Bar, you can listen to digital media by downloading and using Microsoft Windows Media Player 9 Series.

</quote>

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/relnsp2.mspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/0001/01/01/211492.aspx

--