Missing data

Jamie

-- I have taken on a database from someone else but when it is opened there
are no records showing. If I open it holding the shift key I can access all
records. how can I change the properties to see records on open without
holding shift.
Jamie

Jamie

Further to my own answer though the filter sort comes on evry time I open the
databese. so the question is now how do I stop that?

Rick Brandt

Jamie said:
Further to my own answer though the filter sort comes on evry time I
open the databese. so the question is now how do I stop that?

The original designer likely has the form set to DataEntry mode. That is
used when you want the form to open blank for entering new records. If you
don't want that behavior just set the DataEntry property to No.

If the form is being opened by code that code can also specify DataEntry
mode so you would have to change that.

Allen Browne

If this happens in a table or query, open it in design view, and clear the
Filter and Order By properties.

If it happens in a form or report, clear these 2 properties, and also set
the FilterOnLoad and OrderByOnLoad to No. (This is important in Access
2007.) Also make sure the form's DataEntry property is No.

If the form is opened programmatically (e.g. by clicking a command button),
make sure it's opened in Edit mode, not Add mode.

Al Campagna

Jamie,
What do you mean by "there are no records showing."
Did a form open when you started the app, and there are no records
displayed?

Or, are you really saying that when you Shift-Open the datbase, you can't
see any of the database objects (tables, forms,queries...etc...)
--
hth
Al Campagna

John W. Vinson

who is this and why are u sending me messages on my computer
"Al Campagna" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Nobody's "sending you messages", Elizabeth. You have subscribed to what's
called a "Newsgroup" - sort of like a public bulletin board where people can
ask and answer questions about the database program Microsoft Access.

If you don't want to get the messages, don't use the News feature on your mail
software.