Missing? Class Library Template

Ed Bitzer

I apologize for this obvious neophyte question but why do I not see the
templates for Class Library and Windows Control Library in my New
Project window. Is this not part of Visual Basic .Net Standard? I am
running MS Development Environment 2003 Version 7.1.3088, MS .Net
Framework 1.1 Version 1.1.4322 with VB.Net the installed product. I
have several ASP templates which I can't used because I am running
XP-Home but certainly suspected that I could create Class Libraries.

Appreciate

Brian Henry

If i remember correctly standard doesn't let you make dll files? i think, I
can't remember I've been using enterprise edition the whole time...

Ed Bitzer

I fear you are correct; I searched the MSDN Developer Center reading
pages and pages and could not uncover. I tried to reinstall expecting
to see a feature list but there was nothing but VB.Net

I'm retired, got the copy via their free offer (should have
suspected<g>), bought a couple of books and decided to upgrade my brain
from VB5 to Net. Simply program for my own utilities so will have to
access just the extent of the hobble.

Ed

Ed Bitzer

Great - will certainly try this. My VB5 experience was not broad. I have
to admit not too much of .net is "intuitive" so making this change to a
file sure does not bother me.

Ed

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \)

BTW, the Quid was our first major note, now its a Fiver, sorry, I must be
getting old :)

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing

The Grim Reaper

Thank you for making me feel young again :D I'm 25, and bearly remember a
shilling being 10 pence??
I have no clue what a crown was!!
While we're on the subject... anyone know where Pieces of Eight derived
from!?!?
_______________________________
The Grim Reaper

One Handed Man ( OHM - Terry Burns ) said:
Abso Ding Dang DiddleOOdly

We do indeed. Quid is the first major Note. We also have fivers and
tenners etc as you do. Mind you our original Major note was a 'Ten Bob
Note", this meant ten shillings or half a quid."

Other slang sayings are

Bob="Shilling or Five new pence"
Tanner = Sixpence or 2.5 New Pence.
Monkey = £500 (Quid)
Poney = £25 (Quid)
Squid = (Quid)
Plum = £100
Score = £20
Sovs = Short For Sovereigns loosely translated to Pound ( monetory value not
the same, was very old coin )
Shrapnel = ( Loose Change )

HTH

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing

md said:
Don't mean to but in, but in England (I didn't catch where the original
poster was from) they use the word quid the same way we use bucks for
dollars. It's just slang for a pound. The shilling and crown are old english
money before they went to decimal money (with cents [pence]). I *think* a
shilling is something like 1/12th of a pound or something like that.

Matt

Chris Dunaway said:
On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 06:04:00 -0400, Ed Bitzer wrote:

Thanks Terry, As noted programming as a hobby and retired, that many
quid (which I converted to dollars and then cases of beer to put in

You should go to the VS2005 site and check out the "Express" products.
They are designed for hobbyist programmers and I think will be inexpensive.
Plus, VB Express allows you to create class libraries. It might be what
you need.

Off Topic: Being from the US, I don't know anything about your monetary
system. Could you explain what a quid is? and also a shilling, a crown,
etc? I have always wondered but have been too lazy to look it up
somewhere. I am just curious.

Cheers

--
Chris

dunawayc[AT]sbcglobal_lunchmeat_[DOT]net

To send me an E-mail, remove the "[", "]", underscores ,lunchmeat, and
replace certain words in my E-Mail address.

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \)

I was seven when decimal currency came in, so I just about remember playing
with threepence peices and sixpences.

Still, I feel incredebly old even at that !

--

md said:
Don't mean to but in, but in England (I didn't catch where the original
poster was from) they use the word quid the same way we use bucks for
dollars. It's just slang for a pound. The shilling and crown are old english
money before they went to decimal money (with cents [pence]). I
*think*
shilling is something like 1/12th of a pound or something like that.

Matt