Missing all screentips on toolbars

G

I have tried to turn on all screentips unsing both the Tools-->options-->show and the Tools-->Customise-->options-->showscreentips on toolbars, but to no avail. How can I get them

G

Hi, Zac. If you're comfortable editing the Windows registry, start Regedit and go to HKEY\CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\<version>\Common\Toolbars. Substitute 11.0 for <version> if you have Office 2003, 10.0 if 2002, 9.0 if 2000, and 8.0 if 97. If you see a Tooltips DWORD with a value of 0, delete the Tooltips DWORD.

G

Thanks for that - I got most of the way in the registry but have the following folders in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\ --> 10.0, 11.0, 8.0, Access, Common, Outlook and Word"

so, unsure of where to go from here......

G

garfield-n-odie

What version of Office are you using?

Thanks for that - I got most of the way in the registry but have the following folders in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\ --> 10.0, 11.0, 8.0, Access, Common, Outlook and Word"

so, unsure of where to go from here......

:

Ask a Question