minimum work holidays for work hours law

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Hey all just wondering if anyone knows much about the holidays your entitled to for hours worked in a week. I'm contracted to a minimum of 44 hours a week but only get 20 holidays a year (28 with bank holidays) but on the direct.gov site it says i should get 23 due to the hours i work. My work contract states my 20 holidays but can they do that by law?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
well, you probably need to renegotiate for a new contract ... you may find you get made redundant.

have a look here

oh, good luck! :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind being made redundant, would be a nice pay out but at the end of the day they're breaking the law unless im missing something. These holidays have been in place since april 2009 so maybe its just an oversite by the office staff and they genuinly dont know the employees are owed more holiday. Im having words with the boss today so i'll let ya'll know whats what.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Reef - do you have a Citizen's Advice Bureau anywhere near you? Those guys can be pretty helpful about employment matters. (A relative received loads of good advice/help over a redundancy matter, during the past year.)

If you don't have a local office, then their main online advice centre is here: http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

Good luck in getting this sorted. :nod:

Ask a Question