MiniApache web server

Jamey

I have created my own version of the famous Apache web server (or
rather meddled with the files to my liking) and ended up with two
packages: MiniApache and MiniApache_PHP. As the name in implies the
latter version includes the PHP scripting language, whereas the initial
version is great for serving up static pages and files.

You can visit the MiniApache home page at: http://213.106.116.50/james/

Could you tell me what you think? Or how I could improve it?

Thanks very much,

Jamey

Steven Burn

| Could you tell me what you think? Or how I could improve it?

ASP support would be fantastic ;o) *hint hint*

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Gavrila Martau

Sounds a very good idea but I prefer the on demand running version not
service based.
If this will be possible I will switch to your MiniApache with PHP.
Anyway, I will try it.

Marinheiro

I have created my own version of the famous Apache web server (or
rather meddled with the files to my liking) and ended up with two
packages: MiniApache and MiniApache_PHP. As the name in implies the
latter version includes the PHP scripting language, whereas the initial
version is great for serving up static pages and files.

You can visit the MiniApache home page at: http://213.106.116.50/james/

Could you tell me what you think? Or how I could improve it?

Thanks very much,

Hmm.... how can i run it with a mysql server? what about a minimyswl
server? :D

Axé!

NoWhereMan

Lovely! Actually, just what I was looking for!!
Hmm.... how can i run it with a mysql server? what about a minimyswl
server? :D

I vote for this pleeeeaaaaase! ;D

Jamey

I'm sorry, I have no experience with ASP. When choosing which dynamic
server-side language to learn, I decided on PHP due to its modern,
high-level language and open source status.

Jamey

You could set up the service and set it to manual so that you can run
it on-demand. Or just open the "apache.exe" executable and leave the
window open for the duration?

Jamey

A mini MySQL server addon is exactly what I am to create at the moment!
If you download the normal version of MySQL and start the service,
MiniApache_PHP will work with it straight away-no configuration
needed.

Steven Burn

| I'm sorry, I have no experience with ASP. When choosing which dynamic
| server-side language to learn, I decided on PHP due to its modern,
| high-level language and open source status.

If you've got Windows NT or newer and IIS installed, you should have a file called "asp.dll". This should give you a pointer in the right direction (if not, let me know what you'd need to add support to the server, and I'll help as much as I can).

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

NoWhereMan

Jamey said:
If you download the normal version of MySQL and start the service,
MiniApache_PHP will work with it straight away-no configuration
needed.

I would, if it were much smaller :(

Looking forward your work!
Are you able to tell us when are you planning to release it? :)

NoWhereMan

NoWhereMan said:

Hope this can be of any help! :)

-----------------
From:
<http://www.issociate.de/board/post/49805/Minimal_MYSQL_Install.html>

M> Can anyone tell which files/folders can be deleted from a typical Mysql
M> install.

M> Are these folders safe to delete?
M> bench, embedded, examples

M> And any others??
The only files you need are:
bin/mysqld.exe (or mysqld-max or mysqld-nt-max etc)
data/mysql/* core mysql database
share/*
but you can delete languages you don't plan to
use.

Additonal files, if you need to use MySQL NOT from your software,
but from command-line:
bin/mysql.exe
bin/mysqladmin.exe
bin/mysqldump.exe