Migration from Windows to Linux: Tool/Software Choices

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
For those who need to know which tool/software in Windows has a counterpart in Linux this list is easy to follow. I found it to be good, but, not a complete list. Hope someone will find it to be useful when migrating to Linux

What can be migrated?

Following is a list of some tools of windows and their compatible tools in Linux. This is not a
complete list, lot of other compatible utilities are available. This is however a good start for anyone in a hurry to switch without going through a plethora of reading material.

Data Migration

Besides the fact, that Linux has complete set of tools that make it suitable for migration, more then that, Linux based tools can convert data of Windows applications in Linux application format.

:thumb:

Attachments

• Windows to Linux Migration 1 -1.jpg
    Windows to Linux Migration 1 -1.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 530
  • Windows to Linux Migration 2 - 2.jpg
    Windows to Linux Migration 2 - 2.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 485
  • Windows to Linux Migration 3 - 3.jpg
    Windows to Linux Migration 3 - 3.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 437
  • Windows to Linux Migration 4 - 4.jpg
    Windows to Linux Migration 4 - 4.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 384

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
This site is also useful ...

[now a dead link]

;)

Reaction score
I was wondering about the changes I have made from Vista to Ubuntu 11.10. I know that the software of Linux runs way faster then Vista, but some programs I have trouble Opening...Can you help?

Ask a Question