MIDI file makes slides hang

Reaction score
I have a PPT presentation where two slides in a row have a 20 second MIDI file linked to each of them. Whenever I run the show however, all slides after these two hang. Is there a way around this? I believe I am running PPT 2003, whatever comes in XP Professional.

The long version of what I am trying to do (if anyone is interested) is that I run a very basic morning news show at an elementary school, and the feed switches b/t the PPT and live anchors. We have guest speakers coming up, and I need to show a PPT slide while the anchors switch places with them--one of which is a big dog-costumed person, so they'll need a bit of time to get switched. I wanted sound in this slide, so the audience would have something to listen to during this time. After the guest speakers are done, I advance to a duplicate slide to give everybody time to switch back. I tried for a few hours to figure out how to get this sound in there with no luck. I ended up deleting it temporarily, and decided to spin the pictures on that slide instead, if I can't figure out the sound thing.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Reaction score
Hit Submit too fast. What I meant to say originally is that I believe I have Office Professional 2003, with PPT 2003 in it, and I am running Windows XP Professional. Thanks!

Ask a Question