Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls

Fabrizio

HI,
How i can use the Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls reference
inside a web project?
There is any DLL to add?
Thank you,
Fabrizio

Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \)

Hi Fabrizio,

If you are using VS.NET when you create a ASP.NET project the references
are already included. If you are creating another kind of project ( like a
class library project ) then you may need to add a reference to it. Just
Select Project/Add Reference / and the select System.Web.dll from the
list.

Hope this help,

Fabrizio

Ignacio,
I already have the System.Web.UI reference added to my
project, but i need the
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls that will give me a chance
to add a TREEVIEW component to my web project
On MSDN guide, I found that this assembly exists, but i
don't know how to add it.
Thank you,
Fabrizio

Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \)

Fabrizio,

As I said if you have a web project then you should have System.Web
included in the Reference list , you can check this in the solution explorer
windows, just expand the reference tab. if so all you have to do is add an
using line:
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;

Now you are talking about a TreeView component, there is no a TreeView
class in SystemWeb.UI.WebControls but in the System.Windows.Forms,
if what you are trying to do is insert a windows form control in a asp.net
page you cannot do it.

Cheers,

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi Fabrizio,

Thanks for posting in this group.
The IE WebControls are not contained in .Net Framework or VS.net. But you
can download it from Microsoft Web Site:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/samples/Internet/ASP_DOT_NET_ServerContr
ols/WebControls/default.asp

In this download page, there will be a link of readme file for install of
IE WebControls, you can follow the steps of it.

If you still have any unclear, please feel free to tell me.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support