Microsoft PowerPoint Code Execution Vulnerability

imhotep

Microsoft PowerPoint Code Execution Vulnerability

Does anyone know if this was patched yet????

A vulnerability has been reported in Microsoft PowerPoint, which can be
exploited by malicious people to compromise a user's system.

The vulnerability is due to an unspecified error when processing PowerPoint
documents containing a malformed string. This can be exploited to corrupt
system memory and may allow execution of arbitrary code when a malicious
PowerPoint document is opened.

NOTE: This vulnerability is reportedly being exploited in the wild

http://secunia.com/advisories/22127/

Imhotep

Leythos

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.security, microsoft.public.security, microsoft.public.security.homeusers, microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin

Why do you play with a follow-up to a single group when posting to all
the other groups.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Leythos said:
Why do you play with a follow-up to a single group when posting to all
the other groups.

Because he's not only a troll, he's an idiot. If other people wouldn't
answer him I'd never see him.

imhotep

Leythos said:
Why do you play with a follow-up to a single group when posting to all
the other groups.

The troll emerges from his sleep...you want to add anything of meaning to
this post or are you clearly outclass by the sheer complexity, yet again.

imhotep

Frank said:
Because he's not only a troll, he's an idiot. If other people wouldn't
answer him I'd never see him.

Funny you call me a troll WHILE YOU ARE TROLLING. Hey Einstein, you have
anything to help the people here with this security hole, you are you just
flexing your moron muscles??? Yea, I could have guessed.

MVP eh? Yet the best you can do to help the people here is call other people
names? Is that really the best a MVP can do???

Imhotep

Leythos

The troll emerges from his sleep...you want to add anything of meaning to
this post or are you clearly outclass by the sheer complexity, yet again.

When you figure out that you are improperly posting and correct your
error, people might take you seriously.

Stefan Kanthak

Frank Saunders said:
Because he's not only a troll, he's an idiot. If other people wouldn't
answer him I'd never see him.

The idiots here are clearly all those who don't know how to answer
a crosspost: the followup to one of the groups is the appropriate
and ONLY CORRECT way!

fup .test for idiots to learn!

nuff said
Stefan

Leythos

postmaster@ said:
The idiots here are clearly all those who don't know how to answer
a crosspost: the followup to one of the groups is the appropriate
and ONLY CORRECT way!

fup .test for idiots to learn!

nuff said
Stefan

Obviously you don't know how to post either - I like the MS.TEST, but if
you are going to post to a BUNCH of groups you should accept replies
from them too.

Roger Abell [MVP]

Stefan Kanthak said:
The idiots here are clearly all those who don't know how to answer
a crosspost: the followup to one of the groups is the appropriate
and ONLY CORRECT way!

The real issue to me is neither the xpost, nor the irritating follow-up,
as after all those are a matter of choice (even though they defeat the
effort to spread the message), but rather the issue is the replying back
to all initial groups despite it being a reply to a post in but the one
(follow-up) group.

Roger

imhotep

Leythos said:
When you figure out that you are improperly posting and correct your
error, people might take you seriously.

I can't help that your newsreader does not adhere to the protocols....that's
your fault.

Leythos

I can't help that your newsreader does not adhere to the protocols....that's
your fault.

Maybe you will either switch to another Usenet client or learn how to
use yours - as KNode does not appear to be setup properly on your
computer.

imhotep

Leythos said:
Maybe you will either switch to another Usenet client or learn how to
use yours - as KNode does not appear to be setup properly on your
computer.

Actually KNode does not have any problems with this. Though it appears your
does....

Free free to read the NNTP RFC...

Stefan Kanthak

Roger Abell said:
The real issue to me is neither the xpost, nor the irritating follow-up,
as after all those are a matter of choice (even though they defeat the
effort to spread the message), but rather the issue is the replying back
to all initial groups despite it being a reply to a post in but the one
(follow-up) group.

Right. And that's why the followup is APPROPRIATE AND NECESSARY: it's bad to
have (and a PITA to follow or participate in) a discussion in several groups.

Again fup to .test, since OT here

Stefan