Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by MSN

currently, i accidently installed a IE5.5 setup on my Windows XP Home Edition SP1 with IE6 SP1 installed. After that, a lot of junk links have been added to my favorite files, homepage was changed and IE also became Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by MSN. I realized that IE has been branded, so i deleted the folowing register keys

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Window Titl

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\BrandBitma

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\\SmBrandBitma

The windows title is now back to normal, however the animated internet explorer logo renamed that of MSN, should i delet

KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\BigBitma

KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\SmallBitma

Also, Outlook Express has the same proble, the title is named "outlook express provided by msn", what should i do to corret these issues

P.S. Does anyone know if any other changes were made to my system.

Don Varnau

Hi,
I doubt that IE6 would allow IE5.5 to replace any important files.

As for that branding issues, go to
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/sitemap.htm Look for "How" then "do I remove
the "provided by ..." branding

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"n00b" wrote in message
currently, i accidently installed a IE5.5 setup on my Windows XP Home
Edition SP1 with IE6 SP1 installed. After that, a lot of junk links have
been added to my favorite files, homepage was changed and IE also became
Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by MSN. I realized that IE has been
branded, so i deleted the folowing register keys
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Window Title

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\BrandBitmap

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\\SmBrandBitmap

The windows title is now back to normal, however the animated internet
explorer logo renamed that of MSN, should i delete
KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\BigBitmap

KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\SmallBitmap