Microsoft Gives MVP Award to Adware Pusher

Gary S. Terhune

Roger Abell said:
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
In Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
<[email protected]> typed:
<snip>

Sorry for any sentence fragments in my previous post - I was doing
eighteen things simultaneously and hit 'send' before I stopped to
proofread. I think the gist of it is clear enough, though!
Not at all a problem by me, I enjoyed your observations
(there was something lacking proofing ?)

Took the words right out of my mouth! And Lanwench appears to have learned
English from the same school as I.

If imhotep doesn't get it now, he never will.

--

Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

In
Roger Abell said:
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
In Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
<[email protected]> typed:
<snip>

Sorry for any sentence fragments in my previous post - I was doing
eighteen things simultaneously and hit 'send' before I stopped to
proofread. I think the gist of it is clear enough, though!
Not at all a problem by me, I enjoyed your observations
(there was something lacking proofing ?)

Yes, there were a couple of incomplete sentences - the Former English Majors
of America will be after me, big time. I'm going into my bunker now.

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

In
Gary S. Terhune said:
Roger Abell said:
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
In Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
<[email protected]> typed:
<snip>

Sorry for any sentence fragments in my previous post - I was doing
eighteen things simultaneously and hit 'send' before I stopped to
proofread. I think the gist of it is clear enough, though!
Not at all a problem by me, I enjoyed your observations
(there was something lacking proofing ?)

Took the words right out of my mouth! And Lanwench appears to have
learned English from the same school as I.

I am exceedingly proud of my useless liberal arts degree :)
If imhotep doesn't get it now, he never will.

Let's see if he writes back. I did include the group he actually checks!

Roger Abell [MVP]

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote in message
Roger Abell [MVP] typed:

Yes, there were a couple of incomplete sentences - the Former English
Majors of America will be after me, big time. I'm going into my bunker
now.

Ahhh . . . That may explain; the former philosophy major in me
believed in using those, elipsis, etc. to an intended effect. <g>

Kerry Brown

Sorry for any sentence fragments in my previous post - I was doing
Yes, there were a couple of incomplete sentences - the Former English
Majors of America will be after me, big time. I'm going into my
bunker now.

You could always claim you writing in a Joycian stream of consciousness
style.

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

In
Kerry Brown said:
You could always claim you writing in a Joycian stream of
consciousness style.

Ah, but then I'd have to be persnickety, and correct "Joycean," and sternly
advise you to mind your hyphens (in compound adjectives). ;-)

We seem to have lost Mr. Hotep's attention. I will desist now!

imhotep

Lanwench said:
In Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
<[email protected]> typed:
<snip>

Sorry for any sentence fragments in my previous post - I was doing
eighteen things simultaneously and hit 'send' before I stopped to
proofread. I think the gist of it is clear enough, though!

No problem.

imhotep

Lanwench said:
In
Gary S. Terhune said:
Roger Abell said:
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
message In Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
<[email protected]> typed:
<snip>

Sorry for any sentence fragments in my previous post - I was doing
eighteen things simultaneously and hit 'send' before I stopped to
proofread. I think the gist of it is clear enough, though!

Not at all a problem by me, I enjoyed your observations
(there was something lacking proofing ?)

Took the words right out of my mouth! And Lanwench appears to have
learned English from the same school as I.

I am exceedingly proud of my useless liberal arts degree :)
If imhotep doesn't get it now, he never will.

Let's see if he writes back. I did include the group he actually checks!

Oh my, you truly don't understand do you??? How tired I have become
trying...

Roger Abell [MVP]

Oh my, you truly don't understand do you??? How tired I have become
trying...

Cool, the perhaps we will wear you down eventually.

Remember, your inability to see understanding does
in no way indicate lack thereof.

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

In
imhotep said:
Lanwench said:
In
Gary S. Terhune said:
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
in message In Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
<[email protected]> typed:
<snip>

Sorry for any sentence fragments in my previous post - I was doing
eighteen things simultaneously and hit 'send' before I stopped to
proofread. I think the gist of it is clear enough, though!

Not at all a problem by me, I enjoyed your observations
(there was something lacking proofing ?)

Took the words right out of my mouth! And Lanwench appears to have
learned English from the same school as I.

I am exceedingly proud of my useless liberal arts degree :)
If imhotep doesn't get it now, he never will.

Let's see if he writes back. I did include the group he actually
checks!

Oh my, you truly don't understand do you??? How tired I have become
trying...

With that, I agree. You have indeed become trying!

Thanks much for the well-thought-out, inline reply to my previous, lengthy,
post.
I'm delighted that I wasn't wasting my time in my friendly attempt to
explain *everyone's*
arguments to you--and that you've carefully considered said arguments and
rebutted them with reasoned commentary that invites intelligent discourse.

You clearly write for your own amusement alone. I know a useful word to
describe solitary acts performed for one's own gratification, but this isn't
an alt. group.

imhotep

Lanwench said:
In
imhotep said:
Lanwench said:
In Gary S. Terhune <[email protected]> typed:
[...]

Yes, *you* have...
Thanks much for the well-thought-out, inline reply to my previous,
lengthy, post.
I'm delighted that I wasn't wasting my time in my friendly attempt to
explain *everyone's*
arguments to you--and that you've carefully considered said arguments and
rebutted them with reasoned commentary that invites intelligent discourse.

Hummm....let's review this with logic (yet again). I am supposed to stop
using a perfectly valid technique that helps me reply when someone replies
to me. Yet, because your newsclient is broken, it is my fault???

Why don't you change your newsclient to one that is fully functional and you
would no longer have a problem. It is an honest question that some of you
seem to ignore answering.
You clearly write for your own amusement alone. I know a useful word to
describe solitary acts performed for one's own gratification, but this
isn't an alt. group.

Actually, I find that you clearly lack logic in your argument. I do admit
this does amuse me some.

Again, if your newsclient is broken, use another one. Then there is no
problem now is there?

Imhotep

imhotep

Roger said:
Cool, the perhaps we will wear you down eventually.

Roger, you just don't have the talent....sorry.
Remember, your inability to see understanding does
in no way indicate lack thereof.

Oh Roger. How you desperately try to sound intelligent...

Imhotep

imhotep

Leythos said:
What about the people that don't have the group to force the follow-up
to from their ISP?

Which is exactly why I set the "followup-to" a very common generalized
newsgroup. In this case "microsoft.public.security". This newsgroup just
about all newsservers carry.
By doing what you are doing, the reply will never be seen from you and
they will never be able to reply properly.

Read above...This would only be true if I set the followup-to to a
specialized, and hence non-popular, newsgroup...

Imhotep

Roger Abell [MVP]

imhotep said:
Roger, you just don't have the talent....sorry.

Oh Roger. How you desperately try to sound intelligent...

I assure you, it is quite effortless
I will not bother drawing comparison to your extended rants

Roger Abell [MVP]

imhotep said:
Hummm....let's review this with logic (yet again). I am supposed to stop
using a perfectly valid technique that helps me reply when someone replies
to me. Yet, because your newsclient is broken, it is my fault???

Of course, it has never been an issue of broken newsreader clients,
but of usage thereof.

Now, I dare you to meaningfully explain how that response, I guess
you deem it a reaonable explaination, is any except a self-centered
viewpoint exponding a self-centered approach.

imhotep

Roger said:
Of course, it has never been an issue of broken newsreader clients,
but of usage thereof.

Yes. You have not read your "user manual" and choose to blame your problems
in other...
Now, I dare you to meaningfully explain how that response, I guess
you deem it a reaonable explaination, is any except a self-centered
viewpoint exponding a self-centered approach.

The only thing self centered is you complaining because you newsreader is,
dare I say, inadequate. Rather than talking about the topic of this thread,
you choose to steer it in a different direction. That is the only self
centered act I see...

Hummmm... You are a MVP but rather than helping people here with security
issues you choose to act like a clown. How exactly did you get your MVP
status? Did you write spyware apps too?

Im

imhotep

Roger said:
I assure you, it is quite effortless

I am sure looking like a clown comes quite easy to you...
I will not bother drawing comparison to your extended rants

hahahaha....

I frequently email many of your post to my friends. We all get a good laugh
from you...

Keep the material flowing, Roger.

Im

Roger Abell [MVP]

imhotep said:
Yes. You have not read your "user manual" and choose to blame your
problems
in other...

Again, it is totally the result of you choice to use the
follow-ups in the way that you do which people are
objecting to. It is your actions, not nntp nor any one
implementation at issue.
The only thing self centered is you complaining because you newsreader is,
dare I say, inadequate. Rather than talking about the topic of this
thread,
you choose to steer it in a different direction. That is the only self
centered act I see...

Hummmm... You are a MVP but rather than helping people here with security
issues you choose to act like a clown. How exactly did you get your MVP
status? Did you write spyware apps too?

Right. And when you stop reading "your" posts you may
start to realize how childish you sound saying such.

You do perhaps need to get out more Im and discover,
no - not other posts, but the importance of holding other's
values as important.

Cheers, anyway
ra

imhotep

Roger said:
Again, it is totally the result of you choice to use the
follow-ups in the way that you do which people are
objecting to. It is your actions, not nntp nor any one
implementation at issue.

Really, why is it that my "just works"??? No problems no matter how you
post...please explain this.

Right. And when you stop reading "your" posts you may
start to realize how childish you sound saying such.
You do perhaps need to get out more Im and discover,
no - not other posts, but the importance of holding other's
values as important.

Cheers, anyway
ra

Again, "ra", you have done nothing but hijack this post and other, which had
a serious topic, and turn it into a discussion about your broken
newsreader. An you say I am childish? Hahahahahahaha....

Again, I challenge you to help people with their security problems rather
than hijack them...