Microsoft Caching Application Blocks

G

Hi All

If any of you have used Microsoft Caching Application Blocks, please answer the following queries

Do I need to run a separate NT Service CacheService which will monitor the cache data and invalidate the cache according to the expiration policy?
If not then how the cache expiration works?
How do we set File Dependency for a cache object?

Any pointers on how to deploy the Caching APplication Block would be of utmost help..

Please note: Mark a copy of your reply to (e-mail address removed)

Warm Regards
RAMJEE TANGUTUR

G

Ramjee
I am using the Caching Application Block. I ended up only taking the code for the parts I wanted but I am using the In Memory option with LRU Scavenging and it appears to work.

It doesn't run as a service at all. The example they ship is extremely bad in that most of the complicated stuff in the example has to do with the Asynchronous Invocation Block, not the caching.

When you use the in memory cache, the application block starts another thread that is responsible for managing the scavenging or expiration policy.

I know it has been a while since you posted. Hope this helps

----- Ramjee Tangutur wrote: ----

Hi All

If any of you have used Microsoft Caching Application Blocks, please answer the following queries

Do I need to run a separate NT Service CacheService which will monitor the cache data and invalidate the cache according to the expiration policy?
If not then how the cache expiration works?
How do we set File Dependency for a cache object?

Any pointers on how to deploy the Caching APplication Block would be of utmost help..

Please note: Mark a copy of your reply to (e-mail address removed)

Warm Regards
RAMJEE TANGUTUR

Ask a Question