Microdirect still have not Refunded me after 13 Months

Reaction score
I just need some advice on what to do next really.

Ive emailed/Written letters to them monthly for the past 13 months, I even got to the point where I was doing it weekly...

Basicly last August 04 I brought a Graphics card and well it was dead, sent it back in time and they said to me via email by 2 people! That my refund was in process and will be on my card shortly.

Obviously didnt happen, ive tried Law firms/Trading Standards no ones really bothered to help most of them Microdirect.

I last had contact with Microdirects Service Manager who promised a phone call back later on the day, that was 3 weeks ago.

Now ive kept all my emails so Im safe, especially when I have the emails saying my refunds in progress and will take few days to clear(dated Aug 04!)... but I mean I dont have the foggiest idea what to do next, no one wants to help me...

Reaction score
What type of card?

if its Visa you contact your card vendor, and get them to sort it out. To be honest, 14 months? I would have been a bit harder on them.

I dont believe trading standards won't help, unless there is something you're not telling us? What branch of Trading standards have you contacted? PM thier phone number and the name of the branch manager, and i will make some calls

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
When I had trouble with them, I threatened to go up and sort it out in a non verbal manner, after I was being messed around for 2 months with my money. They were extremely frustrating, every day I rang them and they all seemed clueless, saying your money should be in your bank in 3 days, so I had enough, they told me that same lie about 5 times before I just lost it. Personally I would love to see them on watch dog and get a grilling on tv like they deserve.

I'm sorry to hear your still having trouble with them, next time you ring them tell them your getting the authorities involved as they've kept you money for 14 month, see if they budge. Even record the message if you can as it might be helpful if you do seek legal advice.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
14 months? I would be ringing them every second of the day until it is sorted out!

Was it bought on a credit card?

Reaction score
I contacted Trading Standards via an Email but not sure of any alternative methods... tried it twice, maybe someone can point me towards a proper address or someone to write into?

Oh yes ive threatened them and told them ill let my lawyer sort it out and that ive had to contact trading standards about it, not that ive had any luck from those two options anyhow!

The card was a Galaxy 6800GT, it was a very known fault issue since the 1st batch of them were pretty much all faulty confirmed stock. I emailed Galaxy Manufacturers twice and to be honest they keep saying "Please contact Vendor" ive learned since then most Manufacturers dont bother to read and support there customers... I could tell them my Vendor blew up in an explosion and they will still say Contact Vendor, Galaxys support is the same as Microdirect.

In fact I dont want a replacement or another card from them since ive been promised a refund by there staff, and well the cards not even worth £150 now and thats less then half the price I paid for it. If I got a new £311 equivelent card from them can you imagine the level of support id get from them if something goes wrong?!

The manager even chuffed when he said gimme a minute cos im holding about 20 sheets with your Emails on it, emailing the Customer Services Manager has prooved as useless as emailing there "Contact now" option via there website.

Yes it was brought on Credit card, and they have my updated details of my card, it wasnt Visa sadly no.

The problem with ringing them is just the same your on hold and its pot luck if u get thru, obviously if I hold for a good 20-40 mins ill get thru eventually but atm 9 hour shifts and obviously there closed by the time I get back home.

I even emailed the bloke Lee something from MD, who once came on here and said im blah blah and here to help relations, zero response from him is what I got.

Any additional help is welcome :)

Reaction score
If you have all or most of the documentation.

You have a very strong case to proceed with court action, forget trading standards as most of the time they cannot be bothered or don’t want to be involved?

Go and see a solicitor; or go to a small claims court, in the latter they will advise you on the procedure, the fee is minimal compared with all the phoning and correspondence involved with your grievance to date?

:thumb:

Reaction score
Almost 14 months of hassleing them and threatening them... I was refunded yesterday.

That 300 bob towards my next graphics card!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
HighlandeR said:
Almost 14 months of hassleing them and threatening them... I was refunded yesterday.

That 300 bob towards my next graphics card!

Congratulations! :D

I'm glad you've finally got your money back, it's a shame they took soooo flippin' long, grrr...

:thumb:

Ask a Question