MFC dialog and XPe

Larry Waibel

I have an MFC dialog application that I've been developing for Windows XP
Embedded (XPe). I've setup the 'vcmon' and related files on the target and
can run and debug my program just fine on the XPe target. But when I do a
'release' build and copy the executable to the target and run it, nothing
happens. It appears that it never even gets to the InitInstance and just
ends without any error message. Any ideas what support I might be missing in
XPe for a release-build MFC dialog app?

KM

Larry,

What version of VS and MFC you are using?

I wonder what msvcrxx.dll you added? (I may suspect you added MFC71D.DLL and MSVCR71D.dll, did you?)

Basically the answer you will get if you analyze your application binaries with DependencyWalker. Do that on Release and Debug bits
and see the difference.

Larry Waibel

I have those 2 DLLs as well as some others such as MSVCR71.DLL. If I copy the release
build image to my target and try to run depends there I get: "Failed to create empty".
I looked at the DependencyWalker of it on my development system and found it needed at
least 'MSVCP71.DLL'. When I copied that over, I at least now get messages about what
other DLLs I'm missing. I thought I'd get that message for any missing DLL. THANKS
AGAIN, as usual!