Metadata encoder

Reaction score
Hi! I have a huge collection of PDF ebooks and i would like to painstakingly encode a metadata on each an every file such as; author, publication date, publisher, tags, etc.

I know you would suggest that i just use an ebook management software instead to do the job like calibre. However, that's not an option for me since Calibre, just like iTunes, automatically "arranges" my ebooks in a separate folder according to authors. and besides, it makes a metadata encoding that is separated from the file itself. in turn, it creates another files which consume physical memory, not to mention the duplicate that it generate from the original files so it can make a "sorted" library.

my concern now is this: is it possible to make a "batch edit/encoding" of metadata in multiple PDF? if so, what software can do that? if it is not yet clear to you guys, i am refering to something that has a functionality like that of Adobe Bridge in terms of metadata encoding.

Thanks!

Ask a Question