Message formats

D

Dennis Brown

What is the fastest means of determining the message's format? With our adaptive screen reader, I look for the "(HTML)", "(Plain text)", and "(Rich edit)" at on the screen within the message title when the message is opened, but I'd rather try to get that info via the Outlook object. Would the MailItem be used for this, and would I wait until the message was open to detect its body's type?
We use different procedures for reading this text if it is HTML, so I always have to determine the message's type.
Can I get a quick example of syntax?

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

What is the Outlook version?
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

What is the fastest means of determining the message's format? With our adaptive screen reader, I look for the "(HTML)", "(Plain text)", and "(Rich edit)" at on the screen within the message title when the message is opened, but I'd rather try to get that info via the Outlook object. Would the MailItem be used for this, and would I wait until the message was open to detect its body's type?
We use different procedures for reading this text if it is HTML, so I always have to determine the message's type.

D

Dennis Brown

All 3 versions (2k, 02, and 03), if possible.

--

Thanks,
Dennis
What is the Outlook version?
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

If this is a received message, then the Inspector.EditorType property should be reliable:

thisInsp = thisItem.GetInspector()
MsgBox thisInsp.EditorType

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

D

Dennis Brown

Hi ,

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

--

Thanks,
Dennis
If this is a received message, then the Inspector.EditorType property should be reliable:

thisInsp = thisItem.GetInspector()
MsgBox thisInsp.EditorType

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

Ask a Question