Thomas

Usually when I deliever a .NET CF application to the client, multiple CAB
files to be needed. For example :

- the cab for my application
- the cab for MS .NET Compact Framework
- the cab for MS SQL CE server
- the cab for MS SQL Client
- and etc.

Are there any way to merge all this CAB files into a single CAB file?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Thomas

C

Chris Tacke, eMVP

The only way is to manually extract the contents of each, then repackage it
all.

A

Alex

Hi,
you can use the remote access api from the desktop computer.
Before you copy the cabs to pocket device, then you use
CeCreateProcess("WCELOAD.EXE", cabfile, ...) to install the component.
The RAPI can be used through P/Invoke.

Reaction score
Hi,

I am stuck with the same problem. Hence, if any one of you have its solution, then it will be great if you can post it here or email it to me.

I have two cabs - cabA and cabB. I want to package them together into a cabC. Now, cabC will be installed over the air (OTA) using a device management tool. Hence, using desktop installer is out of question.

Some of the possibilities I am thinking of are -

I have the .inf files for both the cabs and hence was thinking of a way to merge the two cabs into one. When I simply merge the _setup.xml of the two files into a single _setup.xml and create a cab with all the files of the two cabs - I get the desired result that both of the apps are installed. However, in the add/remove section, only the name off the second app (which ever is placed second in the .xml file) is visible. As expected, it removes both the apps if u select it. Now, I want the two apps to be visible seperately in the add/remove programs section.. so, this is where I am getting stuck with this method.

The second possibility is one that I can visualize but dont have any idea on how to get it done. I want to put cabA and cabB in cabC and then somehow, when cabC executes and extracts these two cabs, I want to have the two of them executed one by one. Is there a way to get this done??

Reaction score
Alex said:
Why do you need to merge more files?
I can deploy every cab one at a time.

hey,man,could u tell me how to deploy every cab one at a time?
or write the code?

Reaction score
Thomas said:
Usually when I deliever a .NET CF application to the client, multiple CAB
files to be needed. For example :

- the cab for my application
- the cab for MS .NET Compact Framework
- the cab for MS SQL CE server
- the cab for MS SQL Client
- and etc.

Are there any way to merge all this CAB files into a single CAB file?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Thomas

hey,guys,did u get the question done? if yes,would u mind telling me how to merge all cabs into a single Cab file? i meet the same question.i tryed some ways,but all didn't work,it make me infrustrated, looking forward to u reply,or u can send it to my e-mail((e-mail address removed) a lot!

Reaction score
iekhan said:
Hi,

I am stuck with the same problem. Hence, if any one of you have its solution, then it will be great if you can post it here or email it to me.

I have two cabs - cabA and cabB. I want to package them together into a cabC. Now, cabC will be installed over the air (OTA) using a device management tool. Hence, using desktop installer is out of question.

Some of the possibilities I am thinking of are -

I have the .inf files for both the cabs and hence was thinking of a way to merge the two cabs into one. When I simply merge the _setup.xml of the two files into a single _setup.xml and create a cab with all the files of the two cabs - I get the desired result that both of the apps are installed. However, in the add/remove section, only the name off the second app (which ever is placed second in the .xml file) is visible. As expected, it removes both the apps if u select it. Now, I want the two apps to be visible seperately in the add/remove programs section.. so, this is where I am getting stuck with this method.

The second possibility is one that I can visualize but dont have any idea on how to get it done. I want to put cabA and cabB in cabC and then somehow, when cabC executes and extracts these two cabs, I want to have the two of them executed one by one. Is there a way to get this done??

HEY,BUDDY,could u tell the detail the step how to merge the multile CABs into one and how to export SETUP.DLL ,by the way,my tool is VS2005,

Ask a Question