"Merge" data from Excel to frontpage xp

G

You know how you can mail merge data from excel into a Word document? Using the excel labeled columns to assign where specific information goes as in a mail merged letter? Does anybody know of any way for me to do the same thing into a FrontPage web page template that I already have created? I use FP to create HTML code that I then cut and paste into my auction listings and have hundreds of products that I need to create individual pages for. HELP ME!!

T

Thomas A. Rowe

No possible without using ASP/VBScript to merge the Excel data into .asp pages.

Requires that you have Windows 2000 or Windows XP Pro with IIS installed so that you are working
with a server-based web (http://) and not a disk-based web (c:\..)

Then you would have to open each page (product) in a browser, then copy the source.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

electronicopeia said:
You know how you can mail merge data from excel into a Word document? Using the excel labeled
columns to assign where specific information goes as in a mail merged letter? Does anybody know of
any way for me to do the same thing into a FrontPage web page template that I already have created?
I use FP to create HTML code that I then cut and paste into my auction listings and have hundreds of
products that I need to create individual pages for. HELP ME!!

Ask a Question