Memory...

Anthony Nystrom

Is there a way to see the "actual" memory used by my app... I see when I
first open it it's pretty high, when I minimize the app the mem usage drops
significantly... How much is it really using?

Thanks,

Anthony Nystrom

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

* "Anthony Nystrom said:
Is there a way to see the "actual" memory used by my app... I see when I
first open it it's pretty high, when I minimize the app the mem usage drops
significantly... How much is it really using?

I don't know a tool for doing that, but some info on decrease of memory
usage when minimizing an application:

<http://groups.google.de/[email protected]>

John Eikanger [MSFT]

Hi, Anthony

Memory usage in a modern operating system is not at all straightforward.
The numbers you see in task manager are fuzzy at best. They may include
paged or released memory, shared memory, etc. If you are seeing high
initial requirements, it may be due to the JIT compiler converting IL to
machine instructions at startup. When you minimize, components that are
not needed in that state get paged out

Thank you for choosing the MSDN Managed Newsgroups,

John Eikanger
Microsoft Developer Support

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.