Memory Dump

G

A blue screen and a Memory Dump with a bios clearing following the bootup did wonders for the next driver installation , or so it seems .I had attempted loading drivers several times unsuccessfully then the computer stopped with a blue screen and a stop message . : 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF87D0ED_ ... was all I had time to write down as I did not realize the computer was doing a file dump. However during the next attempt to instal the drivers 2 donk's sounded like bells sound when something goes wrong with windows then a flash of a picture of a file and a page moving like when something is loading from a program , appeared on the screen . I presumed that was what the installation required for success as to now ,1 day and plenty of use later there are no problems but for a slight flicker in the lower right corner of the screen. I am wondering if a forced Memory Dump , wether that could be done on this Windows XP Home Edition , would do the computer any better , but I am 6 months old into computers and am unsure I should attempt that , unless that was suggested as appropriate and with guidance. Could a Memory Dump be done on the XP Home Edition and would it be of any use to the computer?

R

Ron Martell

Nicholas said:
A blue screen and a Memory Dump with a bios clearing following the bootup did wonders for the next driver installation , or so it seems .I had attempted loading drivers several times unsuccessfully then the computer stopped with a blue screen and a stop message . : 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF87D0ED_ ... was all I had time to write down as I did not realize the computer was doing a file dump. However during the next attempt to instal the drivers 2 donk's sounded like bells sound when something goes wrong with windows then a flash of a picture of a file and a page moving like when something is loading from a program , appeared on the screen . I presumed that was what the installation required for success as to now ,1 day and plenty of use later there are no problems but for a slight flicker in the lower right corner of the screen. I am wondering if a forced Memory Dump , wether that could be done on this Windows XP Home Edition , would do the computer any better , but I am 6
months old into computers and am unsure I should attempt that , unless that was suggested as appropriate and with guidance. Could a Memory Dump be done on the XP Home Edition and would it be of any use to the computer?

The entire contents of the RAM memory are permanently dumped every
time the computer is shut down so there is no need to worry about
items lingering in RAM.

The memory dump produced when a serious error occurs is for the
purposes of diagnosing the underlying cause of the computer by
preserving the memory contents as they existed at the time of the
error. This sort of diagnosis is normally only done by system
engineers or software developers who are specifically working on the
problem that occurred.

The STOP message that you recieved is described at
http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm - click on the "8E: Kernel Mode
Except...." link in the left side column.

Hope this explains the situation.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

"The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."

Ask a Question