Memo field is truncating in group heading of an Access 2007 report

Howie

I have an access report that has a group heading. The group is set on a text field but I also have a memo field to include in the group section. When the memo field is displayed in the details section is shows all the text, but when the same field is placed in the group section it is truncated (to around 255 characters).

How do I get all the text to show in the group header when I already have the memo field ?can grow? set to yes?

WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...b-7374d3da3425/wpf-and-the-model-view-vi.aspx

Ken Snell MVP

Use a DLookup expression as the Control Source for that textbox in order to
look up the memo field. When you include the memo field in the Grouping
action, ACCESS looks only at the first 255 characters for grouping, and thus
it truncates the memo field's contents.

Howie

I'm not familiar with that function. How does it work?

Ken Snell MVP wrote:

Re: Memo field is truncating in group heading of an Access 2007 report
25-Sep-09

--

Ken Snel
<MS ACCESS MVP

<Howie> wrote in message
Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips and Tricks #24
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...b594-7431fe346dee/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx

Ken Snell MVP

ACCESS Help explains its capability and syntax quite well. It's a way to
read a value from a field in a table or query, and you can use filtering to
get to the desired record.

MyLookupValue = DLookup("NameOfField", "NameOfTableOrQuery",
"FieldInTableOrQuery=Something")