Meetings Cancelled instead of Updated

Dave K

reposting Matt E's question from 8/14- also experiencing
with a non-recurring appointment. Thank you.

Subject: Meetings Cancelled instead of Updated
From: "Matt E." <Matt (e-mail address removed)>
Sent: 8/14/2004 3:25:02 PM

Sorry if I missed a previous response, but I looked and
couldn't find
anything that addressed the following issue:

When certain users make an update to a recurring meeting
that I've already
Accepted and is in my calendar, rather than getting an
Updated meeting
message, I get two meeting request messages as a result, a
cancellation
message and a new meeting request.

The recurring meeting in question occurs once every two
weeks, and was sent
out months ago, but the organizer usually updates the
agenda for the upcoming
occurence a few days before the meeting.
If I look at the messages in the wrong order (which is
usually the case,
since answering Yes to the popup asking if I want to read
the newly arrived
mail, opens the most recently received message which is
the new meeting
request), the entire occurence is removed from my calendar
if I then read the
other message, which is the meeting cancellation.

Both the meeting organizer and I are using Outlook 2000 SR-
1 (9.0.0.3821)
"Corporate or Workgroup"

Does anyone know of a setting/configuration change that
will just send a
meeting update instead?

Thanks.

- Matt
..

We are having the same issue and I can't find any info on it. Does anyone
have any ideas?

Thanks!

Susan

Perhaps the organizer originally sent the meeting to a dist list and
then expanded the list (clicked the "+") in the calendar schedule to
view the availability. Then it will add all the recipients from the
dist list as optional.

When they go to actually send the update they will see the dist list
and the recipients. They remove the recipients and suddenly you will
get a cancelled.

This happened here.