V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
k9b8dk.jpg

Tier One Extended Trailer [HD]
(watch in 720p)

Leave a Message Trailer [HD]
(watch in 720p)

This is looking great. No more WWII... its more modern combat!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hands up who can remember the last good Medal of Honor Game?

I think it was made just before key members of the development team left and went on to make the first Call Of Duty.

Every one since then has not been what is normally considered stellar.

I DO hope this one is a goody though, I really do, would be a nice kick in the teeth to Infinity Ward.

Sorry to be so damn negative lately, I'm not like that by nature but it is how I see things recently, my comments are without prejudice.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Medal of Honour Open Beta available to download now!

4th Oct - 7th Oct

http://store.steampowered.com/app/47770/

Or for you non-Steamers...

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/games/Pages/medal-of-honor.aspx
http://www.clanhost.nl/en/gameservers/moh.html
http://www.fileplanet.com/216537/210000/fileinfo/Medal-of-Honor---Open-Beta-Client

I played the closed beta earlier this year and it was not too bad at all, i hope this new open beta will be even better. :D

Try it!

Shaikot Mountains

Map description

A Chinook helicopter has crashed somewhere in the Shahikot mountains. These snow covered mountain peaks, called The Place of the King in the local tongue, has been a rebel hiding place since ancient times. Python 1 is inserted to investigate and look for survivors in these eerie surroundings. As they embark from their helicopter they hear the first crackling sound of a sniper rifle roll between the steep mountain sides.

Combat Mission game mode

Combat Mission, where coalition has to fight through a campaign of five objectives, heavily defended by OPFOR forces.

Objectives on Shahikot Mountains:
  • NEUTRALIZE CHOPPER WRECK
  • NEUTRALIZE AMMO DEPOT
  • ASSAULT STRONGHOLD
  • DESTROY MORTAR STATION
  • NEUTRALIZE ANTI AIRCRAFT GUN
Tactics on Shahikot Mountains
  • Coalition
    • Take control of the high points and make sure to cover your advance with smoke grenades.
    • There will be many OPFOR snipers waiting to take you out so laying suppressing fire while advancing is a must.
    • The key to break through the chokepoints are smoke grenades with consistent rushing from cover to cover while taking out any snipers in the hills.
  • OPFORs
    • The coalition will try to come from all directions to get an advantage, make sure to find a good spot where you can see them first to take them out.
    • Rushing the coalition forces is not recommended since they will come in groups and can spawn near friendly units.
    • Take advantage of the choke points on the level to create a barrier that the coalition need to break through.
Kunar Base

Map description

The sector designated N2KL along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border is teeming with violent activity. A coalition forward operating base comes under attack as OPFOR mount an aggressive assault. The remote hill top is slowly covered in smoke from constant artillery strikes as soldiers huddle in the maze like trenches.

Sector Control game mode

A domination type game mode where players fight to secure and hold objectives for score.

Tacticts on Kunar Base Sector Control
  • In sector control you need to control at least 2 of the 3 sectors to take control of the map so this is your first objective.
  • When you have secured a sector try to cover it from a distance instead of standing at it where you can be struck with grenades or a mortar strike!
  • Make sure to take advantage of the few high points that exist on this level such as the towers and roof tops.
  • Sneaking through the barracks while clearing the rooms with a hand grenade is a great way to get around and ambush the enemy forces.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I read that the option to be a taliban fighter in Multiplayer has been taken out by EA after public criticism that it wasn't in good taste as allied servicemen in Irag and Afghanistan are currently being killed on an almost daily basis by said taliban.

I've mixed views about this, I can understand the sensitivity but should we shy away from realism?

Reaction score
Cheers V_R

Hmmmm tricky one

Joining the military is a job/career and they do a damn good job over there.
They have more courage than I do that for sure, However! It is a job as I said
such as a racing car driver or motorbike rider. People die in those job's too.

Where I admire the force's more, they all chose to be there and help protect us and know from day one, harm could come from it! Making a game as realistic as it can be could certainly help people understand more what it's like to be over there. The military already use games asit is to create these scenario's for their troops to train. Why can't game company's?

To add to that lot

The miltary use drone's - How are those drones controlled? Joysticks from a remote location!
Do the press complain about these features?

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Interesting point TXD.

If EA had, perhaps, more courage and included the taliban in the game there would no doubt be those in this country and other lands who would take great delight in shooting dead allied forces down the sights of a Taliban rifle.

But there again, the last few CoD games have included Arab and/or terrorist factions.

Hmm.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
I have issues trying to connect to the servers hmmmmm
lol, your not the only one from what i've read... Do they not learn?!

I did see EA are taking the Master Server down for maintenance to try and fix said issues.

Its like the release of BC2 all over again! lololol

Reaction score
Ive been trying since i dl'd it before
I still cannot connect..It flashes up with all servers but they all look completely full
If I try again it tells me "Servers cannot be contacted at this moment" or words to that effect

Not happy, I think they have given priority to US residents even though it is a world wide release BETA

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah i've just been reading on a few other forums about this game....

In summery...

Massive connection issues
Fixed spawn points = Spawn rape
Small maps
Badly designed maps
Bad balance in weapons
no recoil

....the list goes on... :eek:

Not sure i even wanna fire it up now.... :(

EDIT: OMG just check out his vid and the totally 0% recoil on an AK!!!!!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The infamous teleporter hack from BC2, now ported to this.... Dont EA/Dice learn at all?? FFS...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok, so you know i cant resist an FPS game right? Well, I caved in and bought this.

First impressions....

SP is absolute garbage. I mean really its aweful! Graphics are shocking in places. But not bad in others, Just that some of the textures are very low quality....

Screens below are at max detail settings, and originally @ 1920x1200

The Bad... (look at the rear view mirror and the dashboard...! :eek:

vzvcro.jpg

Better...

2sam6br.jpg

MP However is a lot lot better, its made by DICE/EA not the monkeys that made the SP, Danger Close.

Not got any screens of the MP though, but its graphics are way better than the ones posted above.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts on it V_R, it looks like I'm going to be giving this one a miss :(. It's a real shame as I've been looking forward to it, but the reviews seem to be far from positive so far.

As much as I like MP, I like to have a decent SP game to enjoy first. It sounds like they've just rushed this out out without putting in the effort that the COD/BC series have done in past games (even if their SP was a little short).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, thanks V_R, I'll also pass as I prefer SP to MP in most games.

I did mention once elsewhere on the forum that the MOH series hasn't produced a good title since the first one and the two add-ons.

I was hoping they'd return to form with this one but it appears not :(

I've read derogatory remarks elsewhere about the single player version.

Oh well.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep it is a shame, I think the MP of this will keep me happy til Black Op's is out then this will probs get forgotten about.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just been playing this again.....

MP is growing on me, slowly. Its still not fantastic, but this is good news.....

A second PC patch is on the way for Medal of Honor's multiplayer. We have been working on the feedback from the forums that you posted during the PC beta. We are listening to your major concerns and are pleased to show you the change/fix list.
GENERAL
• Fixed the scenario when joining a friend on a password protected server caused a hang
• Ribbons and medals appear on unranked servers
• Jumping and shooting at the same time now affects the ability to be accurate with the weapons
• Added aiming spot in binoculars in hardcore mode
• Holding your breath and moving forward no longer takes you out of scope
• Modifications in weapon behaviour *see weapon tweaks below
• Increased the points needed to win a Domination/TDM game
-- Increased TDM score from 1200 to 1400 points
-- Increased Sector Control score from 1800 to 2600 points
• Decreased accuracy while shooting from the hip
• Cut points from score chain rewards in half
• Addressed the sniper rifle damage to bring the sniper rifle more in line with the other kits
• Increased the amount of recoil and spread *see weapon tweaks below
• Changed immortal time to 1.9 from 1.6 seconds after spawn to prevent the scenario of spawning in the open only to be shot on spawn in

WEAPONS
Assault Rifles
-- Increased recoil
-- Deviation
--- Increased deviation when not zooming
--- Deviation bug fixed (increased while shooting)
-- Lowered close range damage
-- Jumping deviation increased
Carbines
-- Increased recoil
-- Deviation
--- Increased deviation when not zooming
--- Deviation increses faster than assault rifles
--- Deviation bug fixed (increased while shooting)
-- Jumping deviation increased
Sniper rifles
-- Headshot does the most damage
-- Less damage from bolt action
--- 2 shots to kill on body from long range
--- 1 shot on body from short range
---- Normal: 8m
---- Ammo 2: 10m
---- Range: 9.6m
-- Increased recoil on semi-automatic
Soldier
-- Damage by hit point