MDI Maximized children forms without controlbox

• Thread starter Pieter Coetzer via .NET 247
  • Start date
P

Pieter Coetzer via .NET 247

I have been searching the web and everywhere I asked thequestion, the answer is that it is a Microsoft Bug. Well insteadof telling me that it is a bug, how do I fix this?

My situation:
I have a parent form (frmMain), a welcome/startup (or background)form (frmWelcome) and other child forms for data capturing. Theidea is that when the program runs, the welcome form isdisplayed and stays displayed as a type of "background page",displaying outstanding jobs and other system info.

All forms, when opened, must be maximized, thus eliminating theneed for the minimize box or maximize box but still having the Xbutton to close the form. In theory this task is easy, but sureenough it's not. I have created the same interface in VB6 but C#has problems with it.

When I load a child form, it is maximized but then the minimizeand restore bown buttons appear with the close (X) button. WhenI click the restore down button, all the forms (including be"background form") is reduced in size. How can it be that when Iset the property in code and in design time that it still showsit?

Refer to this question:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Pro.../C_Sharp/Q_20760384.html?query=MDI&topics=327
and
http://www.dotnet247.com/247reference/msgs/33/169116.aspx

Any WORKING workaround would be appreciated.

P

Pieter Coetzer via DotNetMonster.com

I did that but still the minimize and restore down buttons appear. Also to
remove the text, makes it that my window list in the menu does not display
the names of the windows opened by the user, only blank entries in the list.

Any other suggestions?

D

Danny T

Pieter said:
I did that but still the minimize and restore down buttons appear. Also to
remove the text, makes it that my window list in the menu does not display
the names of the windows opened by the user, only blank entries in the list.

Any other suggestions?

C++?

I've not played with MDI at all, just wasn't sure if you'd read what I
posted. I guess when we're playing in someone elses playground, we'll
always have to play by their rules/bugs :-(

Ask a Question