Max & Min Dates

Reaction score
I have 2 database that I am working on. One in which i work in everyday importing files that come in on a daily basis. The other database is a backup of the daily information. Ony because Access gets slow when it becomes over 2K large.

Anyways, in the back-up database. i have linked table from the daily database. I import the information from off of the daily table into the Yearly or back-up table. My issue is that i have to always go into my append and change the date to only bring in information from the dates that I do not have already.

So today would be (give me yesterday anything greater than e.i. >="7/31/2012" there for it would bring in yesterday and today's date.

The problem comes is if i forget to do this daily and if i do not do this append again until a week from now. I have to remember what date i alrady appended to keep from duplicating the same dates.

Now someone told me that i can use a Max or Min date function, to where access looks at my table and knows the last date in the table and will only bring in any new dates that i do not have in my table.

How would i go about writing this in ACCESS to reconginze the dates in my table already appended, and to only bring in any new dates from the linked table.

I hope i wrote this where you can understand it :blush:

Ask a Question