Mark Resolved Topics

Reaction score
Loads of support orientated sites have a system, of some sort, allowing the topic starter and/or moderator to mark a topic resolved. So, what do you think? ...perhaps add a similar system here at PC Review?

It's a bit of a tedious job trolling through all the topics (after not being online for a day or two) and then find out the majority of them have been answered and I've just spent a fair few minutes looking through them all ...also, it delays support getting to none-answered topics.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If it's a popular idea I can see if it's possible to add :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had a look in to this today, and I'm not yet sure how I could code it for this version of the forum software as I've modified it so much. I'll see if I can code my own version from some of the existing mod packages, and if it works I'll give it a trial run :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hmmm,

Can I just point out we are primarily a 'Review' site that happens to have some rather good people that can assist members that have a PC problem.

Most "help" sites I visit use their moderators to change titles of posts etc ... if you wanna 'code' something Ian, don't let me stop you, but if you really want to go down this route, then it would probable be better to get us mods together and agree some standing orders.

Just to let you know in advance, I'll abstain. :p

:user:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'm with Muck's on this as we are primarily a review site not a support site..There are plenty out there that do that and a good job they do too..

We have our own little niche with as muck's said earlier, some good people on here who are very knowledgeable and try to help people out with a problem or two.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Now that you mention it, that's a very good point :nod: I'll leave things as they are - if it ain't broke don't fix it ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Should I close this topic and mark it resolved ... ;)

:D

Ask a Question