Mark as read, flag and subject line change 'macro' - Outlook 2002

Reaction score
Hi

I doubt this question has been posted before, however, I apologise if it has.

I have absolutely no VBA programming experience, however, have heard of a number of useful macros that can be created using them.

I am using Outlook 2002. I work in a team of 10 and we are required action requests from customers as and when they come in. This normally works on a first come first served basis, where we assign our names to the e-mail to show that we are dealing with it. The only problem is, I have the slowest of computers and cant seem to keep up with my colleagues!

I want to create a macro (to which I have received permission from manager already), that would carry out the below; ever time I click on the unread e-mail and then press the MACRO BUTTON (which I will drag onto my toolbar):

1) flag the e-mail to follow up (no deadline)
2) mark as read
3) and ADD the words "Shaz is dealing with -" on the subject line, BEFORE the rest of the subject line details.
4) automatically saves it, therefore, everyone will be able to see it straight away, and know that I am dealing with it

I am not very fast with computers and this will save me alot of time. As mentioned earlier, my manager has sympathised with my situation, therefore, has allowed me to do this.

I would be so grateful for your help.

Thank you

Shaz

Ask a Question