Manchester City FC

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Whats happening at Manchester City football club..

Today they have bid £30m+ for Dimotov Berbatov
equally the same for Valencia`s David Villa
equally the same for Real Madrids Robinho

oh and a couple of £15m players

over £140m in 1 day :( kiss goodbye to football ..its death knell is with us.

Clubs will go under faster than the titanic sank

It really is pathetic IMHO

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
I think they have been sold to some rich guy from China perhaps, good luck to em.

Edit: Just saw it on the news, the new company in charge is from UAE, don't know why i thought of china. :lol:

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, this Middle East consortium are going to be pumping a lot of money in - I can't see how this is good for football in general (more so long term). It's happened to Chelsea, ManU, Newcastle etc... over the last few years, so no doubt most premier league clubs will have this sort of backing soon. :wall:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
I think it will be a good thing hopefully, more teams able to compete for the top spots, however it needs to happen to the rest or instead of a big 4 we will have a big 7 or 8.

Reaction score
My girlfriend's brother's best mate's sister's uncle just picked up Zinedine Zidane in a taxi, he said he is coming out of retirement to join the City revolution..........

Reaction score
Oh wait for it, just how do you tell Berbatov in Arabic or Bulgarian that he won't be able to play in the Champions League at city?

Reaction score
I have been glued to Sky Sports news all day it is my favourite channel I watch it every morning but today I have been super glued to it.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Lol nice one ...I was driving the taxi and called his sister a trollop and he elbowed me in the belly and as we both fell out of the Taxi ..Alex Ferguson caught him and offered him £200k a week ....so he`s going to United :)

Reaction score
psd99 said:
Oh wait for it, just how do you tell Berbatov in Arabic or Bulgarian that he won't be able to play in the Champions League at city?

Quite simple really.." You are not playing, now stop crying like the over paid over rated spoilt pratt that you are"

To be honest, I think all these clubs should really be focusing their attention and money on the junior players in this country. When last did you hear of somebody home grown come up through the ranks..? Everytime you open the papers now, there is another story about some foreign owned football club buying another foreign player..
The government should put a stop to these people been able to buy up our clubs with money that would be used in tax right offs in their own countries..
And while they are at it they should put a stop to the rediculous amounts of money footballers get paid..Ah bollox I could go on, but its a waste of time...
Bring back proper English football.....

Reaction score
Rush said:
Madgraphics...

quite simply..well said m8
nod.gif

Just feel we are been over run by foreigners here...

Reaction score
City have put a bid in for Robinho £32 Million according to skysports!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
British Football died over twenty years ago.

No local identity, no spirit, no passion, just greedy exploitative people running sideshows to make money.

For real football look to your local small club, that tiny ground that holds just a few thousand people where games are played out with enthusiasm for winning the game, not with an eye on the pay cheque.

I may sound old (probably cos I am, lol) but I long for the days of Bobby Charlton, Stanley Mathews, Baggy shorts, muddy standing spectator areas and cups of bovril at half time.

British football is dead it's just a business machine and/or a hobby for rich foreigners.

So, it's just as well I don't give a monkey's about football then innit? :D