Managing Toolbar Button Images

W

WGHayes

Hi,

We are wanting to control which images display on toolbar buttons in our MSACCESS application.

We have investigated this reasonable thoroughly and can find that using the 'FaceID' property of the button we can reference over 4000 MS Office button images. This is fine if we want to restrict to MS Office images but what about using CUSTOM images.

There is a button editor in the toolbar area however we would prefer to LOAD a icon/picture/image from disk (or resource file or whatever). It is difficult to find KB articles that tell you how to do this. I have found a LOAD PICTURE method but this just crashes MSACCESS.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
WGH.

M

Marshall Barton

WGHayes said:
We are wanting to control which images display on toolbar buttons in our MSACCESS application.

We have investigated this reasonable thoroughly and can find that using the 'FaceID' property of the button we can reference over 4000 MS Office button images. This is fine if we want to restrict to MS Office images but what about using CUSTOM images.

There is a button editor in the toolbar area however we would prefer to LOAD a icon/picture/image from disk (or resource file or whatever). It is difficult to find KB articles that tell you how to do this. I have found a LOAD PICTURE method but this just crashes MSACCESS.

I can't pretend to understand this issue, but I came across
this KB article that seems to address at least part of your
question:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286460/en-us

A

Albert D.Kallal

The normal approach is to fire up your favorite picture editor, and hen
create the image

You can often start with a larger image, and then simply re-size that image
to 16 x 16.

After you re-size, you simply "select all" and copy (each image editor is
different..but, the idea is copy the image to your clip board).

You then simply bring up the menu bar in custom/design mode...and paste the
image. The built editor is realy only usefaull for "touching" up the final
ign after you past the imange.. You cna a screen shot here with custom
icons:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/Rides/Rides.html

So, just use your favorite picture/photo editor. Create the icon, and then
simply paste it into the buttons image.

You can also set the image property of a icon, but I don't see why this
would be necessary for the most part....

Ask a Question