  1. Mama Mia

    Mama Mia Guest

    How do I calculate man hours for a month?

    Mama Mia, Oct 1, 2008

  2. Mama Mia

    Mike H Guest

    Not enough information, we need to see some sample data

    Mike

    Mike H, Oct 1, 2008

  3. Mama Mia

    Niek Otten Guest

    =NETWORKDAYS(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1),EOMONTH(A1,0),Holidays)*8

    For 8 hours workdays. Holidays is a range with holiday dates. Look in HELP for NETWORKDAYS() for details. A1 contains a date in
    the appropriate month. The day doesn't matter.
    If you get a #NAME error:
    Tools>Add-ins, check Analysis Toolpak.

    Niek Otten, Oct 1, 2008
  4. If you have times in Excel time format hh:mm, add them up and multiply the
    result by 24 to get an answer in decimal hours (formatted as general or
    number, not as time).
    --
    David Biddulph

    David Biddulph, Oct 1, 2008
  5. Hi,

    Here is another answer depending on what you are really asking:

    If you have a column of times (entries of the form 7:00), say C2:C33 and you
    want to get the total
    =sum(c2:C33) and then formatting the cell to [h]:mm:ss format.

    Or maybe you want to use =SUMIF(A2:A33,"Man Hours",C2:C33)
    and to get Woman hours
    =SUMIF(A2:A33,"Woman Hours",C2:C33)

    You can see that you got 3 or 4 completely different answers, because you
    question is not complete.

    --
    Thanks,
    Shane Devenshire

    ShaneDevenshire, Oct 1, 2008
  6. When in doubt as to what something is, the internet is a wonderful
    resource...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_hours

    --
    Rick (MVP - Excel)

    Rick Rothstein, Oct 1, 2008
  7. Mama Mia

    raj rajesh Guest

    For safety

    man hours calculations as per indian standared.
    for the month,year,deducts for the ltis, fatals.

    MamaMi wrote:

    Man hours calculation
    01-Oct-08

    How do I calculate man hours for a month?

    On Wednesday, October 01, 2008 6:18 AM
    MamaMi wrote:

    Man hours calculation
    How do I calculate man hours for a month?

    On Wednesday, October 01, 2008 6:33 AM
    Mike wrote:

    RE: Man hours calculation
    Not enough information, we need to see some sample dat

    Mik

    "Mama Mia" wrote:

    On Wednesday, October 01, 2008 7:26 AM
    Niek Otten wrote:

    =NETWORKDAYS(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1),EOMONTH(A1,0),Holidays)*8For 8 hours
    =NETWORKDAYS(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1),EOMONTH(A1,0),Holidays)*

    For 8 hours workdays. Holidays is a range with holiday dates. Look in HELP for NETWORKDAYS() for details. A1 contains a date in
    the appropriate month. The day doesn't matter
    If you get a #NAME error
    Tools>Add-ins, check Analysis Toolpak

    "Mama Mia" <> wrote in message news:D...

    On Wednesday, October 01, 2008 7:27 AM
    David Biddulph wrote:

    Re: Man hours calculation
    If you have times in Excel time format hh:mm, add them up and multiply th
    result by 24 to get an answer in decimal hours (formatted as general o
    number, not as time)
    -
    David Biddulph

    On Wednesday, October 01, 2008 10:26 AM
    ShaneDevenshir wrote:

    RE: Man hours calculation
    Hi

    Here is another answer depending on what you are really asking

    If you have a column of times (entries of the form 7:00), say C2:C33 and you
    want to get the tota
    =sum(c2:C33) and then formatting the cell to [h]:mm:ss format

    Or maybe you want to use =SUMIF(A2:A33,"Man Hours",C2:C33
    and to get Woman hour
    =SUMIF(A2:A33,"Woman Hours",C2:C33

    You can see that you got 3 or 4 completely different answers, because you
    question is not complete.

    --
    Thanks
    Shane Devenshir

    "Mama Mia" wrote:

    On Wednesday, October 01, 2008 11:53 AM
    Rick Rothstein wrote:

    When in doubt as to what something is, the internet is a wonderful resource...
    When in doubt as to what something is, the internet is a wonderfu
    resource..

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_hour

    -
    Rick (MVP - Excel)

    On Sunday, May 24, 2009 12:52 AM
    lokesh kumar wrote:

    answer
    You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

    On Tuesday, July 07, 2009 10:48 AM
    MHAHMED wrote:

    EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE MAN HOURS CALCULATION PROCESS
    You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

    On Friday, August 28, 2009 11:18 AM
    nazia wrote:

    EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE MAN HOURS CALCULATION PROCESS
    You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

    On Friday, August 28, 2009 11:19 AM
    nazia wrote:

    8r68iro908
    You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

    A Framework to Animate WPF and Silverlight Pages Similar to the PowerPoint Slides
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...0-c7354940d878/a-framework-to-animate-wp.aspx

    raj rajesh, Apr 20, 2010
  8. Mama Mia

    Marlon

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2010
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have 541man hours remaining. How many carpenters will I need and what will be the duration. Could you give me the formula?

    Marlon, Jun 15, 2010
  9. Mama Mia

    Marlon

    Joined: