From: "PB Kishore" <[email protected]>
Sender: "PB Kishore" <[email protected]>
Subject: Making a Richtextbox Transparent
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 21:25:05 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms

Dear All,
Is there a way to make a RichTextBox Transparent, so
that I can display a picture on the PictureBox behind,
like in a chat application ? I dont want Third party
Richtextboxes. Is it possible in .NET RichTextBox ?
Any suggestions are welcomed.

Regards,
PB Kishore

Hi,
The .NET RichTextBox control does not support Transparent as a
background color. You can use the BackColor property to set the color to
something such that the control will blend into the color of your form,
thus appearing transparent. For more information about this property and
the RichTextBox control class please see the links below.

frlrfsystemwindowsformstextboxbaseclassbackcolortopic.asp
frlrfsystemwindowsformsrichtextboxmemberstopic.asp
Thanks,
Shruti

originated.