Making a matching worksheet allowing drag and drop of protected cells...

Arnold

Hi Excel-lent Gurus,

I would like to make a worksheet for students that contains various
words to define (in one column) with their definitions (in some other
column). The definitions would be mixed up, and students would have to
either type the correct word into a cell next to the corresponding
definition, or drag & drop the word into the same cell for typing.

Instead of having to select a cell containing a definition word and
then dragging on the cell's border, a cell could be dragged just by
clicking on it once, holding the mouse (left button) down, and
dragging. Is coding for drag and drop like this possible?

Thanks much,
Arnold

Jim Cone

Arnold,
I don't believe that is possible.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Arnold"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
Hi Excel-lent Gurus,
I would like to make a worksheet for students that contains various
words to define (in one column) with their definitions (in some other
column). The definitions would be mixed up, and students would have to
either type the correct word into a cell next to the corresponding
definition, or drag & drop the word into the same cell for typing.

Instead of having to select a cell containing a definition word and
then dragging on the cell's border, a cell could be dragged just by
clicking on it once, holding the mouse (left button) down, and
dragging. Is coding for drag and drop like this possible?
Thanks much,
Arnold

Arnold

Thanks for replying.

If Excel's cell selection can't be modified with code--bypassing having
to click right on a cell's border, then what about using labels and
passing variables?

For instance, a spelling word could be typed in a label, and then a
user could click and drag the label and 'drop' or place it next to the
correct definition for the word. Code could then detect the value of
the label, compare it to what it should be, and then mark the
definition as correct or wrong. I would just have no idea about how to
code such an interactive sheet. Any ideas???