make the parameters show up when you create your own functions

G

Hi There,
If I create a com addin, I'd like to show the parameters when the user types the function name and open parenthesis (exp. "=functionName(" ). For example, I want to show the "vlookup(Lookup_value, table_Array, col_index_num, [range_lookup])" to remind the user which parameters they need to type in when you type "=vlookup" in one cell. (I am not sure whether I explained clearly or not :-(, hope you all understand what I mean
How to get this kind of trick. Thank

Best Regards

Lee

D

Dave Peterson

Hit shift-ctrl-A after you type
=functionName(

And you'll see the names of the parms that are passed to your function. If you
use nice names--InputRange instead of IR, it'll work ok.

And if you want to add a short description to the function, (ctrl-A after typing
your function).

Hit alt-F8
type the name of your function (you won't be able to select it from a list).
click on options
type in your description
hit cancel to dismiss this dialog.

You are limited to a small amount of text. So check it when you think it's
perfekt.

Lee said:
Hi There,
If I create a com addin, I'd like to show the parameters when the user types the function name and open parenthesis (exp. "=functionName(" ). For example, I want to show the "vlookup(Lookup_value, table_Array, col_index_num, [range_lookup])" to remind the user which parameters they need to type in when you type "=vlookup" in one cell. (I am not sure whether I explained clearly or not :-(, hope you all understand what I mean)
How to get this kind of trick. Thanks

Best Regards,

Lee

Ask a Question